Anyone found a way to check software version?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Had first service today & garage failed to update software. Luckily, last year's changes included a visible change, so I could tell (& prove it) immediately.

Garage apologised profusely and did it while I waited but this has now become a trust issue for me. I'm looking towards future years where it maybe harder to tell/prove.

Anyone ever a found a way of checking software version and/or date last updated?
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera

DB2k

Post by DB2k »

From what I understand there is no way - assume you need to plug something in. My car doesnt tell me (unless theres a hidden menu) and the phone app diagnostics don't say either.
There have been other complaints about this
I had a service today and asked twice to confirm that I had the fix for the recall but there's no way to show it's happened. A bit poo
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
Deleted User 2558

Post by Deleted User 2558 »

Had many a service where I've been unsure if parts have been changed - Oil Filters, Air Filters, Disc Pads, Spark Plugs, Belts, Oil etc - a Software update just adds onto the list. Welcome to the human race!

My father-in-law once bought a brand new car, from a main dealer, and a week or so into driving it discovered it hadn't been suppied with brand new tyres. They'd been replaced by the dealer with slightly part worn ones. Presumably the new ones had been used on another of his vehicles.