Boot opens on its own

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I have had this happen a few times. Close and lock the car and half an hour later get told the boot is open despite car being locked. Yesterday it got ridiculous. I drove home about 150 miles no problem. Unpacked car and boot and locked up. 5 minutes later my wife called that boot was open. Closed it and relocked it and 5 minutes later it was open again. This happened 8 or 9 times. Called out the emergency help. Said they had never seen this before and only solution was for them to load it and take to dealer on Monday. They did try oiling catch and we agreed I would watch it all evening and if it happened again they would come and cart it off. So far so good. And no I didn't have key in my pocket when this happened! Any ideas or similar occurrence? Car is a R design D4 with power tailgate and is coming up to a year old and 16K. Otherwise I love it.

hackha

Post by hackha »

I have a 2022 XC-40 Recharge that is having the same issue. It would sit in the garage and open and close continuously. I was able to stop it by putting tape over the foot sensor, but this doesn't always work. It's been serviced several times without them finding the problem. The last time they said that the battery (I assume the 12V accessory battery) was mostly discharged and they recharged it. They couldn't say why the battery had discharged, however. This seemed to correct the problem for a week or two, but it is now happening again occasionally. It goes back in for service tomorrow.