Headlights

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Foxracer wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:28 pm My FE didn't come with the folding boot floor that it was supposed to either :(
Are they going to fix that?

Looks like everyone is going to have to be serious about their checks on pick up and run through everything before leaving the dealership. I typically won't have gone through on a line by line basis on the specs but I will be doing this time round.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18

senwar

Post by senwar »

Foxracer wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:28 pm The Volvo specification brochure that lists the FE as an option states that the specification is based on the R-Design Pro. The R-Design Pro includes "Active Bending Headlights with Adaptive Shadow Technology"

My FE didn't come with the folding boot floor that it was supposed to either :(
Really? Have you taken that up? That's pretty poor as well - its a feature I really like
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

Yeah, they've ordered a new floor. Apparently its a "mis-build", although there was a bit of back and forth and only sending a photo convinced the dealer. Still now they've realised the mistake they're getting it sorted asap!
XC40 T5 First Edition | Black Stone | 19" Wheels | Flame Thrower | Tow Bar
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

Foxracer wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:09 pm Yeah, they've ordered a new floor. Apparently its a "mis-build", although there was a bit of back and forth and only sending a photo convinced the dealer. Still now they've realised the mistake they're getting it sorted asap!
Good that they are sorting it for you. I would have thought that 100% of first built cars would have had the folding boot floor so strange they could manage to “mis-build” it! As Boomer says careful checking on pick up is needed unfortunately.
robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi

I saw three FE this morning in Glasgow they all had the folding boot floor and the Swedish flags on the wings and all running on 20" wheels

The build quality and paintwork finish looked first class also the leather was perfect looking, so all in all a cracking looking car so different
and classy looking compared with what the opposition have to offer at present. No doubt that will change when they start to copy there
design features and try and gain there sales losses to Volvo.
Range Rover will have them in their sights for their new release of the Evoque in December which is overpriced junk in my opinion.
Last edited by robbo on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

Yeah, I guess mistakes do happen, as mine was one of the first UK FE models apparently.

I'm kinda glad I don't have the Swedish flag... not sure how long it would last parked on a street in London!
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

Foxracer wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:28 pm The Volvo specification brochure that lists the FE as an option states that the specification is based on the R-Design Pro. The R-Design Pro includes "Active Bending Headlights with Adaptive Shadow Technology"

My FE didn't come with the folding boot floor that it was supposed to either :(
Jeez - it's like they're just throwing the cars together without checking!
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

I mean, there isn't a box for it on the PDI checklist....
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

So my car is back at the dealers tonight, sounds like they have had my issue before on various Volvos with LED lights, where the lights are focused too high and stuck in that position, they are hopeful that running some computer software on it could solve the problem, let's see what tomorrow brings. Not getting my hopes up with the AST though, even though they still believe it should work... (in past they have had similar issues and update fixed high beam focus and AST as both controlled by the same module)
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Just had a long run out on country roads. The Active High Beam feature works well, automatically dipping to main beam whenever required, but there is no sign of any shadow cut out appearing at all. My conclusion is that there is no AST feature in these headlights. Perhaps it was only the early demo cars, those with the Swedish flag, that got the AST version of the headlights!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o