Headlights

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Enjoy it when you get it Chris.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

AinsleyQ

Post by AinsleyQ »

I collected my 1st Edition T5 a couple of weeks ago and can confirm it has Active bending and auto high beam assist but no active shadow. It was ordered early Feb. I had active shadow on a VW Tiguan and I did find it a little distracting so actually prefer the active high beam and bending only. The lights are really powerful and have a nice cool temperature so am very happy.
T5 First Edition, 19 inch, Osmium Grey,
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

I have a copy of the MY18 & MY19 Price and Specifications booklet in front of me here which is what my dealer gave me when I ordered.

It says here it's for Edition 2 and the Pro models include Active Bending Headlights with AST.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
AinsleyQ

Post by AinsleyQ »

I had the same brochure given to me before the uk launch and I also noticed AST was included but it was not fitted on the delivered car and since removed is from the marketing material. I suspect a typo in the original details. Also the now delivered cars do not have the bonnet mounted flags. They were only fitted to marketing test vehicles from what I have been told by Volvo and for fear of being pulled off cars by vandals risking damge to the car they are not added to customer deliveries.
T5 First Edition, 19 inch, Osmium Grey,
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

AinsleyQ wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:41 pm I had the same brochure given to me before the uk launch and I also noticed AST was included but it was not fitted on the delivered car and since removed is from the marketing material. I suspect a typo in the original details. Also the now delivered cars do not have the bonnet mounted flags. They were only fitted to marketing test vehicles from what I have been told by Volvo and for fear of being pulled off cars by vandals risking damge to the car they are not added to customer deliveries.
It is disappointing though! I really wanted the AST on my car, it's not a deal breaker but it could be for buyers who've had it on previous cars and ordered believing that their new car would also have it.

I had a feeling the little flag wouldn't be included which is a shame I would have liked to have the flag on my car.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

MrParkson wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:45 pm
pjm007 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:19 pm
MrParkson wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:03 pm
On a slightly different note, they did say they will source a small rubber Swedish flag for me!

Well that's a result in itself!
Don't I know it!

I shall keep you posted as and when I find out more :)
Little surprise in the post today, a rubber flag from the dealer, he kept his word! Little bit late, but atleast I have a spare now haha

IMG_20180725_172414.jpg

XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MrParkson wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:26 pm
MrParkson wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:45 pm
pjm007 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Well that's a result in itself!
Don't I know it!

I shall keep you posted as and when I find out more :)
Little surprise in the post today, a rubber flag from the dealer, he kept his word! Little bit late, but atleast I have a spare now haha

IMG_20180725_172414.jpg
Good news Mr.P. Long time no chat! I believe my dealer has one on the way to me also. Supplies are coming in!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
early adopter

Post by early adopter »

No rubber flag from my dealer, but I’m not surprised as I haven’t chased them relentlessly which seems to be the way - however the absence of AST was a reasonable disappointment for me for which we agreed a 5 year service package as a gesture. Eventually registered and certificate sent after customary chasing. I’m happy with that 😀
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

That's a fairly positive outcome for yourself there! AST still would have been a great addition to the car, but I guess I can't miss what I never had aha.
I'm just surprised they actually remembered the flag as I haven't spoken to them for the best part of four months!

Pjm it has been a while! Not a lot of news from me, should be a few updates re squeeky armrest and that pedal judder ect I've mentioned soon, car is booked in for 3rd August, though that date may change as I now need to travel to London that day, unless they can find me a courtesy car as good or better than mine. Original offering of a Mazda 2 will not cut it! A Mazda 2 really!? They agreed it's not a fair trade haha
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
vladiacob

Post by vladiacob »

I have a question, when I ordered the XC40 I selected an option Adaptive Headlight, what is it exactly ? Is it Adaptive Shadow Technology or not, I can't understand from this thread if the technology is available or not on the care ? If it is not present what is it if the active on/off is already added in standard.