Headlights

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Yup, that’s why I asked Customer Relations to clarify, but they seemed adamant it wasn’t included.

Really need someone who’s got one to test and confirm, I suppose.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MrParkson wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 pm Thanks very much Boomer! Ordered well before edition 3 in that case, will have to see what the dealer says when I bring this up! At least I don't have long to wait to find out for sure.
Thanks for the update in another post/thread MrP re. the shadow technology. I now understand the difference and can confirm, like you, that AST does not operate on my car.

In the detailed feature code printout I have, the headlight type is described as “LED, With Bending Light, type B with HCM ROW High Range”. Perhaps AST features in type A lights? Anyone know/guess what HCM is?

I can confirm I was given the Edition 2 pricelist when I ordered on early December and note it includes AST in the headlight description. Not sure that will give me a strong case to have AST retro fitted!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

pjm007 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:40 am
MrParkson wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 pm Thanks very much Boomer! Ordered well before edition 3 in that case, will have to see what the dealer says when I bring this up! At least I don't have long to wait to find out for sure.
Thanks for the update in another post/thread MrP re. the shadow technology. I now understand the difference and can confirm, like you, that AST does not operate on my car.

In the detailed feature code printout I have, the headlight type is described as “LED, With Bending Light, type B with HCM ROW High Range”. Perhaps AST features in type A lights? Anyone know/guess what HCM is?

I can confirm I was given the Edition 2 pricelist when I ordered on early December and note it includes AST in the headlight description. Not sure that will give me a strong case to have AST retro fitted!
Answering my own question - HCM is Headlamp Control Module.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Handy information there! I will certainly be asking the question about retrofit if even possible! I appreciate the that AST may never of been intended for first editions and was just an early editing error, the thing I find more annoying is how the handover tech chap vouched that it was included and how amazed I would be when watching all the light change shape around vehicles ect... He did convince me it was on that vehicle after I questioned him on it!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MrParkson wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:22 pm Handy information there! I will certainly be asking the question about retrofit if even possible! I appreciate the that AST may never of been intended for first editions and was just an early editing error, the thing I find more annoying is how the handover tech chap vouched that it was included and how amazed I would be when watching all the light change shape around vehicles ect... He did convince me it was on that vehicle after I questioned him on it!
Had a long chat this morning with my dealer’s service manager (who is very good & knowledgable all round btw). He thinks the AST should be in there. The feature code for the headlight description is JB0C, and he sees the same code on an XC90. One slight puzzle is that he also read out another XC90 code of JB06 which included the description “Top Range” rather than “High Range”.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

The plot thickens. How have you left it? Is your dealer going to take up with Volvo?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

pjm007 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:28 pm The feature code for the headlight description is JB0C, and he sees the same code on an XC90. One slight puzzle is that he also read out another XC90 code of JB06 which included the description “Top Range” rather than “High Range”.
AST isn't standard on the XC90, it's included with the Pro models.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Boomer wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:52 pm The plot thickens. How have you left it? Is your dealer going to take up with Volvo?
Well we are still talking about Parking Heaters as well. I think my next step will be direct with Volvo customer service. I don't think the dealer route will be too productive.
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

I'm basically going down the same route as you PJM, just sent an email requesting a conversation with the dealers head techy person, will see where it leads us.
Just to point out still very happy overall with the purchase!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MrParkson wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:06 pm I'm basically going down the same route as you PJM, just sent an email requesting a conversation with the dealers head techy person, will see where it leads us.
Just to point out still very happy overall with the purchase!
Also very happy overall with the purchase, even though a bit fell off!

I have now logged my two issues with Volvo UK customer relations. The detail is well beyond a dealer's ability to respond. First issue is the AST - do I have it or not, and if not I want it retro-fitted. Haven't quite put the second part to them yet!. Second issue is my missing Parking Heater. The main XC40 brochure and other documentation implies it should be fitted in order to enable pre-conditioing by timer and without using Remote Start. I want it retro-fitted. Again not yet voiced the second part fully, but will wait for the response.)