Harmon or not

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Jibers

Post by Jibers »

Has anyone managed to pump up the volume on the hifi in a FE model yet?
Interested to hear if it’s good at higher volume settings.
1 Year In :D - FE AWD D4 bright silver, 20”, Lava, Apple Car Play. Loving it!

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Hope to try it out this pm and let you know.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Haven't listened to either system in the '40, but I've always found the standard system in other Volvo models to be more than adequate, certainly the equal of 'upgraded' systems from other manufacturers.

Incidentally, the Volvo website describes the standard set-up as 10-speakers and 300-watt, while the brochure says 8-speakers and 250w. Wonder which is true.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
senwar

Post by senwar »

I had a tinker around in the showroom and the sales guy ramped up the volume on the system when playing from a USB stick. Was definitely impressive but may sound different outdoors.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Jibers

Post by Jibers »

I noticed there are two small speakers in the headlining just in front of the sun visors. I’m guessing these are tweeters and give a more over all sound.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Jibers wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:16 pm I noticed there are two small speakers in the headlining just in front of the sun visors. I’m guessing these are tweeters and give a more over all sound.
Are they not the microphones for making calls?
XC40 FE - White 20” Wheels With headlight washers - Ordered 4th February 2018 & Delivered 10th April 2018
Jibers

Post by Jibers »

I don’t think so. There’s one above the passenger too. It’s the same on a Range Rover sport with their top Hifi.
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Harman as a pose to Harmon,

Me thinks Sputnik may be right here, either that or they are mics for noise cancellation or something like that, defo not linked to the Harman system for output as far as I can see on you tube, might be wrong though??
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

First impressions very positive. Only had a chance to try out a couple of things. I am no HiFi buff but I think the sound quality even at very high volume is exceptional, with an overall richness of tone and, like the advert video, pulsating speakers. Lots of controls as well via the central console including an equalizer which includes an individual/custom setting, and a very clever 4 way visual screen control for balance and fade.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

pjm007 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm First impressions very positive. Only had a chance to try out a couple of things. I am no HiFi buff but I think the sound quality even at very high volume is exceptional, with an overall richness of tone and, like the advert video, pulsating speakers. Lots of controls as well via the central console including an equalizer which includes an individual/custom setting, and a very clever 4 way visual screen control for balance and fade.
This is the standard set-up you’re talking about, right?
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.