What options do you regret not ordering?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

For those lucky enough to have ordered a car from new, the range of options are very wide: Colour, engine, gearbox, trim, technology etc.

Each driver has preferences. They do say that you do not miss what you have never had.
I wondered what if any options others miss or wish, upon reflection, they would or should have chosen?

Perhaps I would have added the glass sunroof if I had the budget, but invested in the heated seats/screen and Polestar software instead.

What do you think? 🤔
XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar

Azza_86

Post by Azza_86 »

I really wish I had gone for the convenience pack. But like you say, you can't miss what you never had!
T3 R-Design Pro auto in black stone.
Intellisafe surround
Xenium pack
Ordered on 24th of May 19 was expected on 16th of September now expected on the 1st of November!
Collected on 25th October. :D
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Not regret but would love to add the 4C as well.
Reg Istered

Post by Reg Istered »

I DID regret not ordering the rear camera. So I had it fitted by the dealer. Cost me a lot more that way but it was worth it when reversing.

Wish I'd not ordered the "squeaky brakes when manoeuvring" option. They can come and take that back any time.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Would have liked the whole 360 camera thing but the price is excessive.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Only the heated steering wheel.
Didn't select Android Auto/Car Play but our dealer is retrofitting this for us
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Dermottdog wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:38 pm Would have liked the whole 360 camera thing but the price is excessive.
It's even worse now....it is only available in the lounge pack...which is £2,250 plus another £600 for Intellisafe surround is mandatory. To think Nissan include it in most of their Qashqais as standard
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
leveragedbeta1

Post by leveragedbeta1 »

blastpipe wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:24 pm
Dermottdog wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:38 pm Would have liked the whole 360 camera thing but the price is excessive.
It's even worse now....it is only available in the lounge pack...which is £2,250 plus another £600 for Intellisafe surround is mandatory. To think Nissan include it in most of their Qashqais as standard
Agree that the 360 parking price has gone from stiff to stupid now with the package requirements. £350-450 max, but £700...and now £2,850 is ridiculous.

Options I missed on my last car were electric passenger seat and a petrol engine!
Joblj

Post by Joblj »

Def the auto boot opener!
Ordered R-Design Petrol Manual, in Thunder Grey. Only extra is front park assist. Was Due March 2020 (gulp!) - but I collected today 29 Dec 2019
abby606

Post by abby606 »

I got every option except the charging pad for your phone. I got CarPlay so figured, I have to plug the phone in for that, what's the point in the charging pad? I never use CarPlay and would have much preferred that pad.

I did ask if one could be installed now but they said no. Not sure I believe them, my guess is it would just connect in behind the USB slots if it were factory installed.