XC40 TESTAMENT TO SAFETY SYSTEMS & RIGIDITY

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ZED

Post by ZED »

My partner and I were involved in a serious accident last Monday. We owe our relatively few injuries to the incredible safety systems of the vehicle. There were no intrusions to the passenger cage. Airbags seemed to come from everywhere. I would not hesitate over going back to Volvo, in fact, after our experience, I will definitely not go elsewhere.
As soon as the airbags were deployed, Volvo “came in” over the speakers and organised the attendance of police and ambulance services.

All the best and safe motoring,

ZED
XC40 D4 FE Polestar Crystal White. Charcoal Interior. 20” Wheels. Ordered 16 March, 2018
Original ETA June 2018 - now end of October 2018

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

ZED wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:08 pm My partner and I were involved in a serious accident last Monday. We owe our relatively few injuries to the incredible safety systems of the vehicle. There were no intrusions to the passenger cage. Airbags seemed to come from everywhere. I would not hesitate over going back to Volvo, in fact, after our experience, I will definitely not go elsewhere.
As soon as the airbags were deployed, Volvo “came in” over the speakers and organised the attendance of police and ambulance services.

All the best and safe motoring,

ZED
That’s good to know. Even though your injuries were minor, I wish you a speedy recovery.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Hope you are both well and recovering from the accident.

Great to know all the safety features kicked in and Volvo on call were able to help arrange the emergency services.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Glad you are all ok - testament to volvo - picking my car up on Friday and it can’t come soon enough after hearing multiple instances like yours of where a volvo has proved that it has just the extra edge