Dealer updates

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
MPS 1

Post by MPS 1 »

Hi,

Have you heard much from your dealers in relation to order or delivery updates since placing initial orders?

I ordered mid Feb and got an order number and confirmation of spec on PDF but nothing else.

Hoping no news is good news!

Ta.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 20" wheels with headlamp washers | Ordered 13/02/18 | Delivered 11/05/18

Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

Hi. I ordered my FE , T5 on the 7th Jan and was given a confirmation order number at that time . I have been told expected delivery around 31st March or sooner ?
As of yet no news . Waiting impatiently !
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

MPS 1, beyond what you've already got, I think the only think the dealer might be able to tell you is the scheduled build date. And unless that changes, well not much else for them to say.

Once built though you might hope for more regular updates as the car moves from factory through to your hands. I say might as that really depends on how proactive your dealer is.

It's a shame that Volvo's tracking system was removed from owners view (previously in Volvo ID) but then from what I read it was buggy as hell e.g updates coming through weeks after owners had actually received their cars - go figure!
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

Thanks for the info Boomer .
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

No probs. Don't forget the dealers are at the bottom of the chain and there is so much "above" them that might go wrong/get delayed. That's why they are so unwilling to give "exact" dates. It's all about expectation management - better to be vague than give a precise date to then only have to deal with a disappointed/frustrated customer. Having that in mind I've found helps no end and to some extent gets into a frame of mind that it will arrive when it arrives (even if I want it today!). I'm chilled with my dealer - but boy will I be looking to hear from them come build date. Haha.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18