MY21 LAUNCH

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
EdScott95

Post by EdScott95 »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:29 pm Don't mind me asking, but have you got a delivery date, Ed?
No date yet, I’m expecting an update tomorrow - fingers crossed for July - I saw a guy who had ordered the same car through a lease company last week get a delivery date of July 7th, so I’m expecting similar - better than the September lead time I was given a month ago!

Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Ah right, cheers for that Ed. Dealer said that the car I'm getting was already ordered by them, they just need to fit the towbar and spare wheel in the dealers. Looks like I'm getting one of the last MY20 cars then.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
chrisnoy

Post by chrisnoy »

OK, my phone call came a couple of days ago, the dealer said my order couldn't be fulfilled under the MY21 setup without paying extra for the lounge pack. This was because i had specified the 360 degree camera. I protested as this was a Carwow offer which was accepted by both parties and a deposit was made. I then tried to spec the Inscription instead of the Inscription plus and get the options I had before.
This turned out to be 250 pounds dearer than before so i thought great, go with this. The monthly payments turned out to be 15 pounds a month more over 48 months!? When i asked why i was told the residuals for the MY21 model have changed. I have tried using the original spec and adding the lounge pack ( which includes lots of things i dont want) and it works out 800 pounds dearer. The monthly cost rises from 441 to 561. I have writtento Volvo UK to protest, this really is a greedy move by them but I am also not impressed by the Volvo dealer, who doesn't seem to care at all. In fact he said yesterday that if I went forward with the car, it is likely that it wont be delivered in Sept, when my present PCP runs out and they wont provide a car or any help in this case.
I am now considering a BMW 330e, better in almost all ways and cheaper to boot. Maybe the dealers will be more helpful too?
A true Volvoer of over 6 years and member of the VOC too is leaving the building....
abby606

Post by abby606 »

chrisnoy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:56 amI have writtento Volvo UK to protest
Good luck, Volvo UK couldn't care less about any complaints I've made to them.
Bryan M

Post by Bryan M »

Hello, I am thinking of getting an XC40 Twin Engine - will the Lounge pack increase the CO2 above 50g Co2? The MY21 brochure kindly shared has the Co2 as 47g to 55g. Apart from 21" wheels I can't think what else would increase it - that would be a pain re the 360 camera
EdScott95

Post by EdScott95 »

The new MY21 variants are now available on the Volvo website/configurator, at least for the T5 Hybrid. That makes me think all MY20 slots are now gone.
EdScott95

Post by EdScott95 »

So, just had an interesting conversation with local Volvo dealer. He suggested that in their most recent weekly update from Volvo HQ, the lead time on a MY21 XC40 Hybrid is currently June/July if I were to order from today. Obviously there's the issue of Coronavirus to consider but he seemed to suggest the company wasn't expecting lengthy delays because of it. Anyone else had similar/different conversations?
Oregano

Post by Oregano »

So I ordered early Feb with an estimated date of end of March. Rang the dealer yesterday as hadn’t heard anything and emails to the sales rep were being ignored. Was told that the sales rep had since left, that my estimated date was actually end of May and should never have been told March.

Having read this thread beforehand, I asked what the model was going to be, told it will be an MY21 model but that my spec will be honoured regardless of any change in packages and I’d just get the extra items, which would be great if true as I’d ordered climate pack, 360 and sunroof but not the other things that come in the new winter/lounge packs - heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and Harmon Kardon sound system.

Also told that if finance offers change between now and when the car arrives (May seems highly optimistic in light of factory closure) I’d be given either my originally quoted finance rate or the rate at the time of delivery, whichever is better.
aj05

Post by aj05 »

I dont know what Volvo are trying to achieve with My21 specs. paint colours reduced, unable to have 360 camera without having a glass rood which I would not want. the Choice of options when I ordered my my20 was much more customer oriented not what the factory wanted to produce think this will cause Volvo to lose sales. I would def not buy a My21 and would look else where after many years of Volvo ownership
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I agree AJ05. Volvo will lose sales. I will be looking else where when the time comes to change if they haven't reversed this anti- customer bonkers decision.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019