MY21 LAUNCH

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

The new mix of packages doesn't appeal to me. I much prefer the pick and choose options system. Granted it is probably more expensive for Volvo but there is now every likelihood I would be forced to pay for options I didn't want and have the list price of the car pushed over the £40k barrier and then get the joy of super extra heavy car tax for years 2-6. Speccing my current car takes it to £40,700 as I would have to pay for a sunroof, car play, HK sound system in the Lounge package which I don't want or need. Bad move IMO Volvo UK. At this rate this could be my first and last Volvo.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

chrisnoy

Post by chrisnoy »

I agree, this mix is awful for anybody that just wants the 360 deg camera option for example.
I have just ordered mine, Hybrid Inscription Pro, with Winter plus, 360 deg camera, Smartphone integration and Intellisafe Pro as a MY2020. I hope to get it as this as it will cost me approx 1500 pounds extra for the same options as a MY2021 and I would end up with lots of unwanted options to boot!.
chrisnoy

Post by chrisnoy »

EdScott95 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:57 am My initial order was for an inscription pro T5 twin engine FWD with intellisafe pro pack and 360 camera.

I’ve now dropped the pro and am ordering Inscription T5 twin engine with Driver Assist pack and Lounge pack.

I will post a link for the brochure tomorrow. Basically they got rid of intellisafe pro and bundled all of those option in one big Driver Assist pack. The lounge pack is now the only way to get 360 cam.

However, the lounge pack has the Harman Kardon system, the sun roof, the 360 cam, car play and a bunch of other options, so to me it made sense to drop the ‘pro’ so I could afford both of those packs together. We shall see if I made the right choice I guess!

No update on lead time. They said that as production only started this week they haven’t had ETA’s yet.
Had a look at this, thought you were missing the powered seats but I see you get the drivers powered with Inscription. It gets a bit complicated working out what you get or not.
I ordered on 21st Feb. I am hoping to get a 2020 slot but not sure having seen your post.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

One of the reasons I moved from Volkswagen Group cars was because I couldn't have the spec that I wanted without some expensive things that I didn't want, which included AWD and a panoramic sunroof.

Moving to a Volvo meant that I could have what I wanted. This appears to have changed now, though still better than VWG, so I'm glad that I bought when I did i.e. July last year.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Thanks for that Ed, I ordered my car on the 14th, not heard anything, so will ask the dealer today. If the cars from now on are MY21, does that mean they will be limited to 180km/hr?
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Bernard Bernardsson

Sorry, bout this, didn't see pages 2 to 4, not used to forums🙄, will still ring dealer for clarification!
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I have to say I am relieved I bought before these changes. To get the spec I wanted I would now have to have some things I hate like no ley access and sun roof. I think it would have been a deal breaker for me.
Bernard Bernardsson

Spoke to the dealer, mines coming as ordered in MY20 form, still end of May tho' 😞😞
EdScott95

Post by EdScott95 »

I never appeared to have the option for MY20, so I’m not too bothered. In fairness I’m pretty pleased - I’ve lost the ‘pro’ bits of the inscription but in its place I get the HK audio, smartphone integration, sunroof (which I loved in test drive) and a bunch of other things that wouldn’t have come on my original order.

So for me the new packages are a benefit, however I think it’s poor form that you can’t pick and choose certain elements - for instance you can order the intellisafe surround separately from the driver assist pack, but if you want adaptive cruise you have to have the full pack!
Bernard Bernardsson

Don't mind me asking, but have you got a delivery date, Ed?