MY21 LAUNCH

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

Looks like no more T4?
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel

72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

Well, they're now calling it a B4 for some unknown reason, now 197 BHP but same torque figure. It's not bi-fuel, which was my first thought.

Also all models now limited to 112 MPH even the B(T)5?? A bit academic over here, but seems a bit 'brave new world'
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

The 'B' designation (B4 and B5) denotes the new 'mild hybrid' configuration. Kinetic energy recovery through recuperation of braking energy. Supposed to give slightly better fuel consumption.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
EdScott95

Post by EdScott95 »

72 dudes wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:43 am Well, they're now calling it a B4 for some unknown reason, now 197 BHP but same torque figure. It's not bi-fuel, which was my first thought.

Also all models now limited to 112 MPH even the B(T)5?? A bit academic over here, but seems a bit 'brave new world'
the 112 MPH thing may well come to all manufacturers soon, will be interesting. I wonder how difficult a thing it is to remove?

I'm surprised that the new model doesn't appear to have taken effect on the website, and can't quite work out why some people seem to have ordered as recently as I did but haven't had a kickback yet on the changes
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I ordered at the end of January and was told by the dealer that his allocation of MY20 slots was almost gone. Luckily I got in when I did.

Volvo UK are always much slower at updating the website with new model years than other countries.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
xiamwill

Post by xiamwill »

Hi all,

I've been snooping for a while as I ordered an XC40 R Design on the 13th Feb with an estimated delivery date of 31st March!

I contacted the dealer I ordered from today to check if there would be any changes to my order based on MY21 being released and was told:

- Production starts mid-May with a lead time of June
- Exhausts are hidden under rear bumper and are no longer visible
- Gearshift paddles are deleted from all R-Design variants
- All R-Design branding is removed inc. headrests, treadplates, steering wheel etc.
- Power tailgate is added as standard
- Rear USB Type A is replaced by two USB Type C

I've been told my order is still a MY20, so I must have been lucky getting a factory slot when I did too.

Hopefully you found the above useful!
G4a

Post by G4a »

I was wondering if they was going to change the infotainment system to android same as the recharge, guess that's a recharge exclusive then.
R-Design Pro T4 Awd
EdScott95

Post by EdScott95 »

xiamwill wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:42 am Hi all,

I've been snooping for a while as I ordered an XC40 R Design on the 13th Feb with an estimated delivery date of 31st March!

I contacted the dealer I ordered from today to check if there would be any changes to my order based on MY21 being released and was told:

- Production starts mid-May with a lead time of June
- Exhausts are hidden under rear bumper and are no longer visible
- Gearshift paddles are deleted from all R-Design variants
- All R-Design branding is removed inc. headrests, treadplates, steering wheel etc.
- Power tailgate is added as standard
- Rear USB Type A is replaced by two USB Type C

I've been told my order is still a MY20, so I must have been lucky getting a factory slot when I did too.

Hopefully you found the above useful!
I could well be wrong, but I think I heard that the info on that was for the P8 Recharge, as production slots are open for MY21. It also could be that as the R Design model was most popular, those changes could be applied to them? Its quite tricky to work it out given the range of engines and model variants!
leveragedbeta1

Post by leveragedbeta1 »

Lots of changes to the Packs as you say, the "Lounge" option looks like a big saving if you so happen to want a sunroof, 360 parking camera and HK stereo.

As for my MY20 T3 Auto Inscription order all I can see changing is that the rear parking sensors have been replaced with a camera instead.

Power passenger seat appears to have had a little bump up to £425 to include the thigh extensions / crumb catchers.

Overall not a huge change but the option packs have rejigged things a bit. I have been in two minds about revising my Inscription order to a Momentum and spending the difference on a sunroof and a few other bits instead but I keep reading about sunroof problems on the 18/19 model year that may not have been properly addressed yet.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

When compare this with my MY20 spec, it is approx 1k dearer but gained a new engine and the HK sound. However the down side I think, for my spec, it also breaks the luxury car tax barrier. Worse even is the pack cannot be spiltted to enable part of them to be retrofitted at dealer so that I can bypass the high tax.
Just my thought.