Misfire when accelerating when already at speed T3

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Grahamt

Post by Grahamt »

Hi
Is anyone else experiencing this? Bought the car in August - after a few months, it started to misfire occasionally when accelerating when already at speed, eg when overtaking on the motorway. It also seems to struggle at other times, slightly juddering but not quite misfiring.
It’s been in the workshop already, spark plugs replaced but has started misfiring again.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

Deleted User 2501

Post by Deleted User 2501 »

Driving with a misfiring engine isn't good and can cause damage. I'd take it back to the dealer.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

We occasionally have that, I thought it was something to do with the annoying anti-collision stuff? Feels more like haptic feedback than a misfire to me...
Happens more when my wife drives the car.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

My wife pointed out yesterday that this mainly happens when accelerating in 3rd gear, actually happened to me yesterday and I'm sure its something in software - not an ignition issue.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

The car logs all misfires and you can view the data with an OBDII reader.

If the misfire rate exceeds a threshold the amber engine management light will illuminate.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Stavut

Post by Stavut »

I noticed it when you accelerate at the same time as the car is shifting down. Happened once with a larger acceleration, whereafter the amber engine emission light came up. Took it to the dealer and they said it was a software issue and updated the software whereafter the warning light was off.
Quaritch

Post by Quaritch »

Same issue reported in spanish and italian forums.

No solution or clear reply from Volvo. Sometimes blaming the quality of the gasoline. It is something generalized in T3 manual model reported in every MY.