XC40’s Out in the Wild

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I thought you can just switch off "start/stop" in settings. Off to check.

Edit: Ummm.. looks like you can only turn it off temporarily (page 420 owners manual). That's not so clever.

Wonder if it might be possible in the "individual mode" to configure stop/start out so that your individual mode setting are "comfort" other than that one setting?

Reading on (same page 420 - sub section "3.") it looks like "start/stop" can be adjusted - so there might be your answer.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18

dhcmanx

Post by dhcmanx »

As far as I can see, you can only program out start/stop in dynamic mode.......think that would make car less “easy going”. If anyone can suggest a solution to stopping the start/stop, I’d be most grateful. I just don’t like the engine cutting out all the time......most cars have a button you can press on starting the engine that disconnects the function.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Doesn’t “individual” mode allow you to set what you want within the available options? I was thinking it was an additional mode that you could cycle through to once you’ve ticked it settings. now wonder given your comments is that what individual mode actually does is alter the available presets and not create a new mode in itself. That’s rather disappointing.

Page 415 of the manual is a bit ambiguous.

If you cycle through the driver modes does “individual” come up as an option? If you have selected the functionality in settings

Looking at this xc90 demo it looks like it is a 5th option in drive modes once activated

https://youtu.be/uk9OMtoYSxs

As mentioned in my earlier post, can you just activate individual mode, select all the same options as comfort, and then deactivate start/stop? Okay the painful bit is you then have to select individual mode each time. Unless driver profile actually remembers your last driver mode? But that’s another question
dhcmanx

Post by dhcmanx »

Thanks Boomer, will look into that....would be great to disable it without going into various menu levels on screen. Probably would spare the time to cycle through the mode button.
robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi

All my other cars I have had was a simple button to stop it shutting down, why would Volvo just not put an override button on same !
When I start all my journeys I press the button (why complicate a simple task) not looking forward to go through this palaver
to switch same off all the time.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

robbo wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:07 am Hi

All my other cars I have had was a simple button to stop it shutting down, why would Volvo just not put an override button on same !
When I start all my journeys I press the button (why complicate a simple task) not looking forward to go through this palaver
to switch same off all the time.
Agree - it appears rather buried in Sensus.

If my suggestion works above and setting up as an individual mode then it is a two action route on a day to day basis. ie. Press "mode button" then select individual mode on the sensus screen. Job done. Not as good as one button, but easier than the temporarily deactivating route.

It would be even better if volvo allowed the user to set up the default mode on first start up. From all that I've read it is always "comfort" mode and there is no way to change this - stupid (as that presenter would say).
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Don't know if we are allowed to link to other forums but found this which might be helpful (or at least confirm what seems to be the position albeit with an US XC90)

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread ... rive-Mode)