T5 Twin Engine Delivery

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
EdScott95

Post by EdScott95 »

So, just had an interesting conversation with local Volvo dealer. He suggested that in their most recent weekly update from Volvo HQ, the lead time on a MY21 XC40 Hybrid is currently June/July if I were to order from today. Obviously there's the issue of Coronavirus to consider but he seemed to suggest the company wasn't expecting lengthy delays because of it. Anyone else had similar/different conversations?

Deleted User 2507

Post by Deleted User 2507 »

I've not asked to be honest, I was told at dealership on 7th July and I've been ordered for a month, so if you are getting better than that still can't be too much of a problem. End of the day it's a car, if it delays until Sept so be it, there are bigger worries out there at the moment.
EdScott95

Post by EdScott95 »

Yes, I would expect that if someone did order now, they might get end of July - I'd noticed your lead time previously as you ordered a few weeks before me. and to the point of the rest of your message, very well said!
MoosePT

Post by MoosePT »

Don’t count on it. The Ghent factory will be shutdown tomorrow so I would say you have already a 1 month delay, best case scenario.
I was hoping to get mine next week but that won’t happen for sure.. like blisteringblue said, it’s just a car and there are more important things to worry about.

Stay safe! Cheers
Inscription T5 TwEn in Onyx Black - Business Pro Pack, Park Assist Pack, Fog Lights - Order placed: September 2019 // Delivery Date: April 3rd 2020
kivapin

Post by kivapin »

I guess I was very lucky and received mine today! :D
My waiting time was less than 4 months because the dealer assigned me a slot they had from June 2019.

It's not the best of times to get a new car and I was a bit aprehensive with the handover but I'm glad I got it before the shutdown.
Even though I only drove it for 20km, I'm very impressed. And also overwhelmed with the quantity of systems and stuff to learn.
T5 TwE R-Design Black - BusinessPro, VersatilityPro, Xenium, Rear Camera, Spare - Ordered: 20 November 2019, Delivered: 17 March 2020
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Hi all... I'm new here. I got mine delivered in the first week of February, and indeed I must say there is a lot about it which is so different to an average fuel-driven car. From the heating systems to handling in traffic. I never had driven the T5 Twin Engine prior to my delivery, but I drove a T5 AWD petrol when ordering mine last summer. To be very honest the power in the T5 Twin Engine has a tremendous difference to the T5AWD. Definitely exceeded my expectation.

My dealer actually was informed that they would receive the very first delivery for NL in the 1st week of February. He even congratulated us on taking delivery of the first ever one imported to country. :D
XC40 T5 Twin Engine R-Design | Fusion Red | FEB 2020 Delivery
Full options except Keyless Entry, Heated Seats & Steering Wheel, Gear Shift Pads on Steering Wheel
MoosePT

Post by MoosePT »

Hi guys,

received mine on April 3rd :)
what a lovely thing to drive. Not that many kms on it but I was very impressed with how the car handles for such a heavy car, the power and the tech features. It's such a great place to be in.

Looking forward to logging more miles!

Cheers
Inscription T5 TwEn in Onyx Black - Business Pro Pack, Park Assist Pack, Fog Lights - Order placed: September 2019 // Delivery Date: April 3rd 2020