Side mirrors mounted quite a distance back from the driver's point of view?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JakXC40

Post by JakXC40 »

After driving many different cars over the years, I find the 'longitudinal' positioning of the side mirrors often mean deliberate turning of the head away from the forward view when checking what's 'going on' just to the rear on the near-side lane?

Particularly on the motorways, and no - I am not a small person but of average height & build!
XC40 / FE / T5 / 20" / Osmium Grey / 16/10/18

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

I have driven a lot of different cars & 4x4's over the years for work and I cannot say I noticed any real difference in the side mirror placement on the XC40's. I have found the side mirrors on the smaller side of the average so I don't know if that is compounding the problem? I find the Blind Spot detection very easy to see and it certainly helps on motorways.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

All that will add is the N/S mirror doesn’t really dip enough for me. I’ve never had another car with mirrors that dip when reversing but I find myself straining to see where my lovely alloys are in relation to the kerb.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.