XC 40 Service Plan

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I agree with what you say, it was intended to be lighter than perhaps you wanted but since this is the first reported thread, I don't feel a ban or anything harsher is justified yet.

If it were to continue, it will be something that has to be considered.

I have posted some quick forum rules up here: https://www.xc40forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1744 They key is for everyone promote a mutual code of conduct here and ask that you respect each other at all times.

I don't want to have to continue to ban accounts, edit posts, lock topics etc. but will if needs be.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Hi Rob,

Having moderated many forums I would say your approach is spot on.
Running a forum is a thankless task, and others will not always agree to your approach.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Getting back on track, we purchased a 3 year plan with our car. We received an invoice stating what we purchased but no other paperwork. I challenged our dealer and was told that it is recorded electronically on the Volvo system. Come first service we will find out......
DJ01

Post by DJ01 »

stu22.
Had my 1st year service a couple of months ago. Had only got an e mail from dealer stating that it was on the system but had received no paperwork to confirm that so was slightly worried that I would be charged.
Dealership carried out the service and I was not billed so presume this is normal (i had taken out the three year service option when i purchased the car).
Cheers
stu22

Post by stu22 »

DJ01 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:12 am stu22.
Had my 1st year service a couple of months ago. Had only got an e mail from dealer stating that it was on the system but had received no paperwork to confirm that so was slightly worried that I would be charged.
Dealership carried out the service and I was not billed so presume this is normal (i had taken out the three year service option when i purchased the car).
Cheers
Good to hear, thanks. 👍🏻
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I got this when we picked up the car. I’ve archived it as proof.
Last edited by Dermottdog on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

hi dermottdog

i know you’ve blanked out the details but you can still see them through it ?

wouldn’t want anyone to be scammed in any way

best wishes - getting my xc40 fingers crossed in March

Billybobb
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

billybobb2019 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:21 pm hi dermottdog

Billybobb
Thank for that.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Dermottdog wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:05 pm
billybobb2019 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:21 pm hi dermottdog

Billybobb
Thank for that.
no worries 😉
enneo

Post by enneo »

Final say on this thread should be mine, and to all those who chose to be an authority on something that was none of their business will be glad to here I will logging off for the last time shortly.

However, to all those honest and decent fellow XC 40 owners who use this site, all the very best to you, and many years of happy motoring.

ps Yes, I have the VOLVO service plan now that I paid for, it has taken 2 months to get it, and a lot of chasing, but unless you have the official Volvo documentation you will be reliant on the dealer at point of purchase to honour any plan paid for, as another dealer quite rightly would charge you

Admin can now close my account, and shut down this thread.
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack