XC 40 Service Plan

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
gt40

Post by gt40 »

enneo wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:54 pm ...as another dealer quite rightly would charge you
Wouldn't they just confirm your entitlement on the Volvo database, service the car, then claim the cost from Volvo? Like every other service plan I've experienced.
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hi everyone

I really don’t see the problem here. You purchase a service plan, 3 year or 5 year, it doesn’t make any odds. You receive the confirmation email and that’s it, finished. The plan is administered by Allianz (based in a building where I service the lifts). The contract is with them. When the service is due, the dealer will call Allianz. Allianz will confirm the mileage and give the go ahead. If any extras are required, pads, discs etc, they will not be covered by the service contract and the customer will receive a call from the servicing dealer and give you a cost for the works.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Dermottdog wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:02 pm Hi everyone

I really don’t see the problem here. You purchase a service plan, 3 year or 5 year, it doesn’t make any odds. You receive the confirmation email and that’s it, finished. The plan is administered by Allianz (based in a building where I service the lifts). The contract is with them. When the service is due, the dealer will call Allianz. Allianz will confirm the mileage and give the go ahead. If any extras are required, pads, discs etc, they will not be covered by the service contract and the customer will receive a call from the servicing dealer and give you a cost for the works.
The problem is people are not receiving the confirmation email even after paying for the plan.

Picked mine up 30th Nov and paid for the 5 year service and as of now still no confirmation email. I have chased and it turns out my dealer got my email address wrong on everything (simple mistake - .co.uk instead of .com) including volvo on call. If I had not seen this thread I could have got a nasty surprise when picking my car up. As it it all it took was a couple of email and all sorted out.

Another thanks to this Forum and the people that run it
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

I got the email from Allianz within a week of collecting the car (November 2018). This was for the 5 year plan. The email had 3 attachments which I printed off as a precaution. These attachments were a Certificate of Entitlement, Terms and Conditions, and a covering letter. When I took the car for its first service the garage knew about the plan from their system without me prompting them. I still find it reassuring to have a printed certificate in the event of a data apocalypse!
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.