XC 40 Service Plan

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
enneo

Post by enneo »

Temp Login wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:42 pm
Morse wrote: โ†‘Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:12 pm I purchased my car in Dec 18 paid for 5 years service plan. I have never received docs. The car went in for annual service late December. I was expecting hassle but they serviced the car without issue and no mention of charge.

Donโ€™t know if any comfort can be taken from this.
Exactly ๐Ÿ˜€

Hey unkle heknows. Two Volvo dealers have today confirmed that if you have not got the official documentation they would charge you for any service that you think you have got ,even if you showed them your invoice showing a service plan paid for :roll: So do one.
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Your contract is with the dealer not volvo. Suggest you threaten them with the small claims court.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
enneo

Post by enneo »

Blastpipe wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:34 pm Your contract is with the dealer not volvo. Suggest you threaten them with the small claims court.
The offer I took up was with Volvo, would never take a contract with a dealer for obvious reasons. Better make it a bit more simple, when they go bust or sell up any contract will be null and void easy way out eh. Will get it sorted, got a lot of statements made by both dealer and Volvo that a court will rip em apart over.
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Depends who you paid your money to. If it was volvo direct then it is with Volvo. If the dealer sold it to you and you paid the dealer your contract is with the dealer. The car like the service plan is a product (manufactured by volvo) but sold to you by the dealer.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Can anyone who has had the first service tell me if the oil is changed?

I know some manufacturers leave it for 2 years not something I would like on a car I intend to keep.
enneo

Post by enneo »

Blastpipe wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:46 pm Depends who you paid your money to. If it was volvo direct then it is with Volvo. If the dealer sold it to you and you paid the dealer your contract is with the dealer. The car like the service plan is a product (manufactured by volvo) but sold to you by the dealer.
What a load of , obviously another who signs papers and does not understand what they have just signed up to :lol:
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Can we refrain from swearing and personal insults against other members on this forum please.
I have had a number of reported messages and had to edit posts over the weekend.
enneo

Post by enneo »

Rob wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:49 pm ******
Can we refrain from swearing and personal insults against other members on this forum please.
I have had a number of reported messages and had to edit posts over the weekend.
Not a problem. Just a shame individuals can, as always, get away with making comments totally irrelevant. Bullies and those engaging mouth with brain out of gear win again!!! :)
Temp Login

Post by Temp Login »

Rob wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:49 pm ******
Thank you for removing the crass comments/swearing/abuse that was directed at me and others by enneo.

But really, what a half hearted attempt at an intervention, too diplomatic by far.

"Can WE refrain...". There's no WE about it, there's only a single poster, swearing and giving personal insults to other fellow forum members. Why not say it as it is?

For me a forum is about helping, discussing, informing and there's no need to get involved in personal insults just because it differs from a particular opinion.

I'd expect a much more frank response from the admins to such a flouting of the T&Cs as we all signed up to.

No need for any response as my username says it all; I'm gone from such a forum as this and won't be monitoring for a reply.
gt40

Post by gt40 »

I'm with @templogin on this, @enneo has been exceptionally confrontational in what should be a reasonable and informative discussion.

I have my opinion, and experience, on the subject of Service Plans but I've stayed out of it as I see no use whilst people <looks at enneo> treat others with rudeness & disdain.

@enneo - you may have had a rough experience with your Volvo purchase, but none of it is the fault of others on this board so don't take out your frustrations on them. Thanks :)
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19