XC 40 Service Plan

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
enneo
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:59 pm

XC 40 Service Plan

Post by enneo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:15 pm

*********************************
Last edited by enneo on Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[


Temp Login
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:58 pm

Re: XC 40 Service Plan

Post by Temp Login » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:33 pm

If you have paid for the plan, and have proof you've paid then what is the issue? You have a plan and your car will be serviced.


enneo
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: XC 40 Service Plan

Post by enneo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:50 pm

Temp Login wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:33 pm
If you have paid for the plan, and have proof you've paid then what is the issue. You have a plan and your car will be serviced.

Unless you have the official Volvo Service Plan documentation emailed to you you do not have a plan. You go to a Volvo dealer with any other so called proof, and you will be asked to pay, simple as.
[


Paulinyork
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:07 pm
Location: Uk

Re: XC 40 Service Plan

Post by Paulinyork » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:27 pm

I purchased my car in November. Chased the dealer regarding the service plan email. He mentioned some issue at Volvo concerning getting the t4 on the system, but that it would be sorted for the new year.

I then received all the documentation through from Volvo on the 23rd December. I take that to mean whatever was delaying the plans for the t4 engine has been resolved.

Sounds like your dealership is spectacularly useless.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ Options are expensive!!


enneo
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: XC 40 Service Plan

Post by enneo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Paulinyork wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:27 pm
I purchased my car in November. Chased the dealer regarding the service plan email. He mentioned some issue at Volvo concerning getting the t4 on the system, but that it would be sorted for the new year.

I then received all the documentation through from Volvo on the 23rd December. I take that to mean whatever was delaying the plans for the t4 engine has been resolved.

Sounds like your dealership is spectacularly useless.
That is total understatement Paul. An absolute disgraceful outfit, apparently now using Volvo qualified techies, well so they say!! Certainly Hyundai spare part numpties who were doing Volvo work had no clue how to prepare a vehicle for the road, it was good of them to leave some protective plastic on for me to remove, nuff said.
[


Temp Login
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:58 pm

Re: XC 40 Service Plan

Post by Temp Login » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:54 pm

enneo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:50 pm
Temp Login wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:33 pm
If you have paid for the plan, and have proof you've paid then what is the issue. You have a plan and your car will be serviced.

Unless you have the official Volvo Service Plan documentation emailed to you you do not have a plan. You go to a Volvo dealer with any other so called proof, and you will be asked to pay, simple as.
That's just not true. Blatant scaremongering.


enneo
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: XC 40 Service Plan

Post by enneo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:06 pm

Temp Login wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:54 pm
enneo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:50 pm
Temp Login wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:33 pm
If you have paid for the plan, and have proof you've paid then what is the issue. You have a plan and your car will be serviced.

Unless you have the official Volvo Service Plan documentation emailed to you you do not have a plan. You go to a Volvo dealer with any other so called proof, and you will be asked to pay, simple as.
That's just not true. Blatant scaremongering.


[


Morse
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:36 am

Re: XC 40 Service Plan

Post by Morse » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:12 pm

I purchased my car in Dec 18 paid for 5 years service plan. I have never received docs. The car went in for annual service late December. I was expecting hassle but they serviced the car without issue and no mention of charge.

Don’t know if any comfort can be taken from this.
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.


Temp Login
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:58 pm

Re: XC 40 Service Plan

Post by Temp Login » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:42 pm

Morse wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:12 pm
I purchased my car in Dec 18 paid for 5 years service plan. I have never received docs. The car went in for annual service late December. I was expecting hassle but they serviced the car without issue and no mention of charge.

Don’t know if any comfort can be taken from this.
Exactly 😀


Blastpipe
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Re: XC 40 Service Plan

Post by Blastpipe » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:48 pm

Is this a common theme..there seems to be lots of different threads on this topic??
T4 Auto AWD R Design Bursting Blue. Winterpack with heated screen, Intellisafe Surround, Heated steering wheel, Parking camera 360, front park assist, Tempa spare wheel, keyless drive and wireless phone charger


Post Reply

Return to “Main Volvo XC40 chat”