January Delivery

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
godmilk

Post by godmilk »

Hey,

Soon to be (hopefully) a new T4 Rdesign owner (currently a v40) - Ordered mine in sept, estimated delivery Jan 2020 (Rybrook Warrington, UK).

Wondering if anyone had the same/heard anything? I have requested an update from the dealer but nothing yet.

Thanks

A

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Some dealers communicate some don't - ask for an update when the car will be in country and at the dealers. You could also ask for licence plate selection to give them a nudge.

When I ordered mine they gave a date 5 months away and that's the date I picked it up. It had been at the dealers 4 days (I waited till the weekend) so nothing to worry about. I was nervous of the no communication with my dealership but it turns out there was nothing to worry about.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

And Welcome to the Forum!
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
godmilk

Post by godmilk »

Thanks! Happy to be here :).

Yeah I emailed the guy I've been dealing with at the dealers, I expected it to be slow over Chirstmas so waiited till after, he's told me he has requested an update (from the powers that be I assume) so I planned to wait a week or so before I ask again. :)
enneo

Post by enneo »

If your new XC 40 has a Jan 2020 build date then the dealer will have all the details including a date for shipment in to the UK , also a possible delivery date to them.
Get back on to them and ask for the build date in Ghent, and then ask to be given the rest of the info that has been supplied by Volvo, relating to your purchase
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack
Leeh2020

Post by Leeh2020 »

godmilk wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:12 pm Hey,

Soon to be (hopefully) a new T4 Rdesign owner (currently a v40) - Ordered mine in sept, estimated delivery Jan 2020 (Rybrook Warrington, UK).

Wondering if anyone had the same/heard anything? I have requested an update from the dealer but nothing yet.

Thanks

A
Hi mate. I ordered t4 rdesign also but in October. Was initially given date end of jan. I have had a couple updates since only through asking though. Now been told will be with dealer 13th Feb and ready to collect 19th Feb. So got my fingers crossed too. I feel your pain. Haha
Temp Login

Post by Temp Login »

Also got my T4 RDesign from Rybrook, Warrington. No issues with the dealer, couldn't be better served. They gave me a date and stuck with it. Didn't really need or expect an update as that was the date they gave me and I was happy with it. Don't stress, they will build it, and it will come.
godmilk

Post by godmilk »

Thanks everyone, yeah my V40 was Rybrook Warrington and they were fab, suppose I'm just at that point now where I'm just too excited hah!
If I don't hear soon I will give them a nudge as you advised @enneo, fingers crossed too @Leeh2020!!
FGC5074

Post by FGC5074 »

I also bought mine via Rybrook Warrington. I ordered in March 2019 and took delivery in July. I heard nothing from them for months, and eventually phoned them up to see what was going on. They said - "Oh - it's in our workshop - you can collect in two days time!" It so happened I was just about to head off on holidays so had to defer collection for a week. So the message is: Don't expect them to contact you until it's virtually ready to collect.

On another matter - has Rybrook offered you a 3-month check up? It seems from other contributors here that this is quite common with other dealers, but when I queried this with Rybrook, the answer was " No - we don't do this."
godmilk

Post by godmilk »

Oh Jesus thats late haha, ill be sure to chase it.

They haven't, however I did receive a check up call with this V40 after I bought it