Good mpg app needed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

Hi folks, can anyone recommend a good free or cheap mpg app for iPhone to use?

I previously used road trip LE but it won’t let me add a new vehicle or delete the previous data for my Honda Hrv to start over.

I’ve downloaded the free version of Fuelly but can’t get it to work right (can’t get it to use litres as the filling amount and display mpg as the consumption)

I tried mpg calc but it won’t work right either (when I add a second fill it comes back telling me I’m getting 75mpg!)

Trying gas manager as well but not liking it
D3 Mometum Manual in Glacier Silver.

Added on smartphone integration, rear camera, front parking sensors, winter pack and convenience pack

Gears

Post by Gears »

Does the driving journal on your Volvo on Call app not suffice?
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Shipsinker wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:07 am Hi folks, can anyone recommend a good free or cheap mpg app for iPhone to use?

I previously used road trip LE but it won’t let me add a new vehicle or delete the previous data for my Honda Hrv to start over.

I’ve downloaded the free version of Fuelly but can’t get it to work right (can’t get it to use litres as the filling amount and display mpg as the consumption)

I tried mpg calc but it won’t work right either (when I add a second fill it comes back telling me I’m getting 75mpg!)

Trying gas manager as well but not liking it
I’ve been using the paid for version of Fuelly on my iPhone since I got my XC40 with no problems at all, using mpg. Also added my wife’s car with no problem.
Is the option to set units to mpg in the settings menu greyed out in the free version?
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

Hi Gears, thanks for the reply, i didn’t have that enabled - I’ve changed that and I’ll see what happens there. What information does it provide?

Added on smartphone integration, rear camera, front parking sensors, winter pack and convenience pack
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

Hi rifleman. I’ll have another go at the free version to see what my issue is and if it is greyed our. How much is the paid version?

Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Shipsinker wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:41 pm Hi rifleman. I’ll have another go at the free version to see what my issue is and if it is greyed our. How much is the paid version?
It’s a subscription of £6.99 per year, I believe the only differences are that with the paid version you don’t get the annoying adverts and you can add more cars...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Gears

Post by Gears »

Shipsinker wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:36 pm Hi Gears, thanks for the reply, i didn’t have that enabled - I’ve changed that and I’ll see what happens there. What information does it provide?
See attached images. It's pretty detailed and you can assign notes and categories to trips. You can also link them together to form 1 trip I think (e.g. if you stop on the way), but I have yet to try.

SmartSelect_20200109-085346_Volvo On Call.jpg

Picture1.png

Temp Login

Post by Temp Login »

Yes, you can amalgamate individual trips into a larger one. It adds up the miles, duration, mpg etc. You can also reverse the process to get back to the constituent trips.

Watch out that it only holds 100 days. However you can email the data to self in CSV, text or MS Excel formats to keep a permanent copy.
Ronnnie

Post by Ronnnie »

Hi everyone/anyone
where do I find the Driving Journal please ?

cheers Ronnnie
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

Cheers everybody the driving journal is great and I’ll pusevere with the apps