Infotainment system behaving oddly

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
EdK

Post by EdK »

Does anyone have experience of this issue or have advice to offer, please?

I have found that occasionally the infotainment system doesn't "boot" immediately (no radio, no phone connection), and it has usually reset itself once or twice in the first two or three minutes; after that all is normal. I stress this is only occasional and is not a problem.

However, the other week on a 25 minute journey the driver display map did not display at all (though the central display was fine). I tried stopping the car and switching the engine off and on again - made no difference. This would have been especially irritating if it persisted on a longer journey where I really needed the sat nav. Parked for my meeting, and when I returned an hour and a half later all was normal.

Then last week on a journey of less than 10 minutes the central display didn't boot properly. This time the radio came on quite loudly and would not respond to volume adjustment or muting or even trying to change stations. It rebooted a couple of times but no change before I reached home and parked up for the night. The following morning - all normal.
Inscription Pro T4 in denim blue, ordered 2 Jan 2019, collected 30 March 2019. Intellisafe pro, 360 camera, convenience pack, spare wheel, smartphone integration

michael123

Post by michael123 »

I have sometimes similar behavior with Spotify, and when it hangs -- or tries to sync with the server - the whole system becomes sluggish
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

EdK wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:42 am

Then last week on a journey of less than 10 minutes the central display didn't boot properly. This time the radio came on quite loudly and would not respond to volume adjustment or muting or even trying to change stations. It rebooted a couple of times but no change before I reached home and parked up for the night. The following morning - all normal.
So I have had this last few days. It turns out that it's when i plug my iPhone X (latest IOS) into it that sometimes the volume control will not respond. So I think this issue for me is car play. I rebooted the phone and it fixed it for a while but only a while. Same day despite stopping the engine it still does it. Very annoying. Glad I have the radio but frankly its winging me up and ive no clue how to solve it
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
aj05

Post by aj05 »

I also have this problem on occasions, no phone no radio, no weather but for some reason satnav is always there. It always boots on second try and every thing then ok. I spoke to dealer when I had three month service and they reported back the car had logged no faults but they made a note on the records for future reference, A friends son who is a software engineer thinks its probably something not matching the required value when first booting up for some reason causing it to hang and reboot, I seem to think it happens more when I have not used the car for a while
squint

Post by squint »

Possibly due to latest update?:
From apple car play Facebook:

“Hi guys, am I the only not able to adjust CarPlay volume after latest iOS update? It’s constant no matter what I do...?!?“
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

Oh nice. Glad it’s not just me. Hopefully it’s not just Volvo either!
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Same here. After iOS 13.4 update, when iPhone is connected to the USB port and starts Apple CarPlay, audio volume setting no longer responds, neither from steering wheel controls or from central display volume dial. One kind forum member suggested CarPlay bug and I tend to agree, this one seams to be on Apple.

One trick that made the audio volume work again was to send any Siri voice command using the steering wheel button. However, after iOS 13.4.1 update, this trick no longer helps.

iOS 13.5 should be released this month, let’s hope it will fix the issue.
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

thanks for the suggestions!! mines been ok this week but I've used it a few times more often
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

After iOS 13.5 update on iPhone the issue is solved, sound volume in Apple CarPlay works fine now.