DELIVERY TIME

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
NOELEON

Post by NOELEON »

I visited main Volvo dealer in Glasgow couple of days' ago to look at Inscription model but none available to view. I asked about test driving a T4 any model and advised nothing avialable to test for months! and was quoted up to 6 months delvery for a new T4 Inscription. Needless to say that Volvo will miss selling one.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Oh dear. Don’t give up, they are creaking cars.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

Dermottdog wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:55 pm Oh dear. Don’t give up, they are creaking cars.
Creaking lol....yes mine certainly has one.
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

alanplum241276 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:07 pm
Dermottdog wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:55 pm Oh dear. Don’t give up, they are creaking cars.
Creaking lol....yes mine certainly has one.
Sorry, cracking cars. That’s wine for you...
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

NOELEON wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:01 pm I visited main Volvo dealer in Glasgow couple of days' ago to look at Inscription model but none available to view. I asked about test driving a T4 any model and advised nothing avialable to test for months! and was quoted up to 6 months delvery for a new T4 Inscription. Needless to say that Volvo will miss selling one.
Sounds like a duff dealership to me. I was able to test drive a T5 and D4 in the trim I wanted and could have tried more if I had wanted to. They had everything except the T3.

I had to wait 5 months for a T5 (collected end of Nov'19), most T4's (especially FWD) seem to be coming through in 1-3 months.

It's a great car and well worth looking around and trying to find somewhere else (or a different salesperson).
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Leeh2020

Post by Leeh2020 »

I ordered t4 rdesign auto in October given a delivery date of mid feb. Awaiting an update on delivery this week. Hopefully running on time or maybe even early 🤞🏻
Good luck.
White

Post by White »

I would strongly suggest trying another dealer.
I went looking for an XC40 at the end of November and was not sure of which trim or colour to go for. Dealer's web site only showed one model (Momentum) available. I considered a T4 AWD demonstration model which I test drove and was about to deal on but out of curiosity asked what the price difference was between the demonstrator and a new model. The dealer then "found" one in stock at a price only slightly higher than the demonstrator. Needless to say I went for new and took delivery a week later.
If you are flexible, there are "off the peg" vehicles out there.
Volvo XC40, T4, R-Design Pro, AWD, Automatic, Thunder Cloud Grey
DavidinScotland

Post by DavidinScotland »

I went to the Glasgow Volvo dealership last week and was disappointed with the service and the hard line on price, So I jumped into my car for a drive along the motorway to Stirling and the Volvo dealership there. A totally different experience. I was offered a test drive in an XC40 Inspiration Pro T4 and was super impressed. The salesman was excellent and we agreed a discount and I place my order on 14/02 with an estimated delivery date of 08/04
14/02 ordered, delivered 19/06 XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro Auto in Maple Brown and Blonde Leather.
Xenium Pack, Intellisafe Pro and Convenience Pack.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

DavidinScotland wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:48 pm I went to the Glasgow Volvo dealership last week and was disappointed with the service and the hard line on price, So I jumped into my car for a drive along the motorway to Stirling and the Volvo dealership there. A totally different experience. I was offered a test drive in an XC40 Inspiration Pro T4 and was super impressed. The salesman was excellent and we agreed a discount and I place my order on 14/02 with an estimated delivery date of 08/04
It still amazes me the difference between one dealership and another. You would think the one in Glasgow would quickly go out of business treating people like that.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

I ordered a R-Design Pro T4 FWD Auto in mid December and was told delivery would be late March but collected it yesterday. The dealership I used in Stoke on Trent were fantastic, agreed a discount and were always helpful.
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.