Factory Delivery

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Mike911SC

Post by Mike911SC »

Picking up our new XC-40 at the factory in Gothenburg on 19-March following a few days enjoying Stockholm before taking a train across to Gothenburg. We had hoped to pick up our XC-40 at the factory in Ghent, Belgium where it is actually manufactured but unfortunately Volvo only offers factory deliveries at its main factory in Gothenburg. Still cool nonetheless as it includes a lot of personal attention and hand holding with a factory rep walking you through all of the car's many features.

https://www.volvocars.com/intl/cars/...ery-experience

After completing the delivery, we will immediately swap out the factory Continental summer tires for a set of all-weather Nokian WRG3 SUV tires. Unfortunately, no all-season or all-weather option was available from Volvo in Europe but found a great tire dealer in Gothenburg http://www.th-pettersson.se/en who agreed to take the Continental's in partial trade toward the Nokians.

Once we have the new tires fitted, we will drive south before entering Denmark and spending a few days in Copenhagen. Then it will be south again to the coast and a ferry across to Germany where we will end the day in Berlin spending another couple of relaxing days enjoying the city. The next three days will include three short jaunts onward to Prague for a night, followed by a night in Bratislava before arriving at our home in Budapest, Hungary.

We have waited a long time for the XC-40 to finally hit the market and can hardly wait for the next two weeks to pass before starting our little adventure. If you are interested in what we bought, below is a link to a post I did several months ago after ordering our XC-40. Hope you are all as happy as we are with your new purchase once it arrives.

Below is an image of the version and color combination we ordered.

Volvo-XC40-1-2.jpg

XC-40 Momentum | T5 | Amazon Blue with White Roof | 19" White Alloys

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Sounds like you've got a good road trip there to test it to the full. Enjoy!
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Mike911SC wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:15 pm
Below is an image of the version and color combination we ordered.

Nice look! That specific car of course could not be ordered in the UK until last week, so deliveries will be much later. No First Edition in the Hungarian market then ?!?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Mike911SC

Post by Mike911SC »

It is a First Edition but the Momentum version. I ordered it back in mid-October and will pick it up in Gothenburg on 19-March.
XC-40 Momentum | T5 | Amazon Blue with White Roof | 19" White Alloys
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

Sounds great idea to pick up from Sweden - would love to do that myself - can we do that as UK buyers?
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Famandy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:32 pm Sounds great idea to pick up from Sweden - would love to do that myself - can we do that as UK buyers?
Suspect that you'd be into the realms of personally importing a vehicle and all that entails.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

I briefly looked into factory collection with my Audi, it seemed to involve registering the car in Germany first as a German car, seemed to be quite a lot of hassle once back in the UK to re-register, so quickly brushed that idea off!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Mike911SC wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:22 pm It is a First Edition but the Momentum version. I ordered it back in mid-October and will pick it up in Gothenburg on 19-March.
So what is in (or out) of a “Momentum version” of the FE compared to a UK FE Mike?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Lovely colour combination, do like the white alloys too, really compliments the rest of the car.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Mike911SC

Post by Mike911SC »

Here is how mine is equipped. Most of the options were part of the First Edition package but added a few upgrades.

- T5 AWD Momentum
- Amazon Blue with White Roof & Mirror Caps
- Charcoal Leather Interior with Blond Headliner
- 19” White Spoke Wheels
- Sensus Navigation
- Power Driver Seat with Memory
- Power Passenger Seat
- Power Lumbar Support
- Power Foldable Mirrors
- Power Tailgate
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Intellisafe Surround