Larger boot liner

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

Hi
I'm looking for a boot liner to fit with the rear seats folded down which will allow me to put a mountain bike in the back and not get everything muddy.

Any suggestions?

I had been thinking about roof bars and a rack, (but it's only to get one bike about 5 miles), it might also be tricky getting it on and off the car roof on my own.
First Edition in Red - Love the car but love my Ducati Multistrada more...

portentous divine

Post by portentous divine »

There are lots on Amazon if you search for XC40 Accessories.
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

I'd already looked but it's hard to find a suitable one which is big enough with the seats down...
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Try the hatchbag company. I have the full bootliner kit covers seats, headrests, back door can be tailored to suit what you require. Not cheap but good quality.
Have a look on their website
Ps I have no connection with this company.
T5 First edition Crystal White
portentous divine

Post by portentous divine »

For my dog on the back seat I use an old thick blanket folded to cover the rear seat.

It doubles up as a full floor cover when the rear seats are folded down. Came in useful when I brought the Christmas tree home.
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

In reply to my own enquiry (in case others find it useful), I bought this boot liner from Amazon (for some reason I can't add a link):
Amazon Description
Winipet Car Boot Liner Protector, Waterproof Auto Mat Dogs Cover, Trunk Dog Blanket Car Protective with Side Protection, 180x103 CM Anti-Slip Scratch Dust Hair for Car Van SUV Trucks

Superfast delivery, good price, well made, waterproof and pretty good fit - with zips to keep the shape at the front. It is 'slightly' too narrow at the seat end and a fraction too wide in the middle but works really well with the seats down. I didn't apply the double sided velcro, just attached it to the sides of the boot.

Volvo empty.JPG

Volvo with bike.JPG

FGC5074

Post by FGC5074 »

I am very impressed with my Hatchbag boot liner. Sure, its not cheap, but its very well made and fits really well. The only issue is that is does not have cut-outs for the 12v socket or the lights in the boot, but it was very easy to cut these myself. I may be wrong, but I would guess that very competing products have these cut-outs either.
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

Twin4Me wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:48 am In reply to my own enquiry (in case others find it useful), I bought this boot liner from Amazon (for some reason I can't add a link):
Amazon Description
Winipet Car Boot Liner Protector, Waterproof Auto Mat Dogs Cover, Trunk Dog Blanket Car Protective with Side Protection, 180x103 CM Anti-Slip Scratch Dust Hair for Car Van SUV Trucks

Superfast delivery, good price, well made, waterproof and pretty good fit - with zips to keep the shape at the front. It is 'slightly' too narrow at the seat end and a fraction too wide in the middle but works really well with the seats down. I didn't apply the double sided velcro, just attached it to the sides of the boot.

Volvo empty.JPG

Volvo with bike.JPG
looks very nice