20" Wheels

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
senwar

Post by senwar »

Telboy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:12 pm
senwar wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:10 pm
chingf0rd wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:03 pm Do what I did - tell them you'd refuse the car unless they honour my signed contract on spec. They are getting me a MY19 "First Edition" with the wheels and the washers.

I test drove a D4 with 20" wheels today - it was very very good.
The 20s were all gone before I placed mine sadly. So I knew what the position was. However I do find it annoying/bad that you can still get them on other specs.

I do like the 19s as I was getting them in th xc60 rdesign I originally ordered but the 20s are bloody lovely.
Just think your car will be a fraction more economical and a tiny bit faster with the 19's :lol: :lol: I've got the 19's more for comfort to be fair.
Actually better economy has been my thought too lol
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels

senwar

Post by senwar »

Saw someone had tweeted about their disappointment and 'insulting' £350 offer re: the 20" wheels. I replied saying it makes it worse that these are still showing on the config and as standard on the R-Design Pro. VolvoCar UK have tweeted 'we're looking into this as we speak!'

I'm clinging on to the hope this may be good news!!
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

Thought I'd double check with my dealer as I only placed my order a week ago. He's confirmed it will come with 20" wheels! :)
FE D4 Crystal White 20" Alloys :D
senwar

Post by senwar »

Neil76 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:42 pm Thought I'd double check with my dealer as I only placed my order a week ago. He's confirmed it will come with 20" wheels! :)
Really?

When do you get yours?

I placed my order last Monday (26th) but was told before ordering it would only come with 19’s. Mine is due at end of April but was available to spec change up to this week I think.
Neil76

Post by Neil76 »

it's looking like May... possibly late April if I'm lucky
FE D4 Crystal White 20" Alloys :D
senwar

Post by senwar »

Neil76 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:07 pm it's looking like May... possibly late April if I'm lucky
Do you know if it’s an MY18 or19? Or was it one a dealer had with a build slot?

Sorry for the questions but I’m now wondering if these wheels are available again and I definitely want them on mine if I can.
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

It was me who reported this supply issue and was told to take 350 quid as compensation for the change in spec - I did not accept it. It was the day before their vaunted launch day and caused some dealers headaches and confusion. To this day, I don't know what the low-down actually is, but it seems like at the time:

- MY18 FE all sold out (those who ordered early doors)
- MY18.5 FE are missing 20" wheels and washers (and I think are only D4) - those who ordered 'later' (me and rejected it)
- MY19 FE - if you are willing to wait and lucky to have got one, will have the same spec as the MY18 (T5, 20" and washers) - those who complained (me)

I could be wrong of course...
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
senwar

Post by senwar »

chingf0rd wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:49 pm It was me who reported this supply issue and was told to take 350 quid as compensation for the change in spec - I did not accept it. It was the day before their vaunted launch day and caused some dealers headaches and confusion. To this day, I don't know what the low-down actually is, but it seems like at the time:

- MY18.5 FE are missing 20" wheels and washers (and I think are only D4) - those who ordered 'later' (me and rejected it)
- MY19 FE - if you are willing to wait and lucky to have got one, will have the same spec as the MY18 (T5, 20" and washers) - those who complained (me)

Crikey that makes it even weirder if right - my order is a D4 but don't know what MY - presuming 18.5.

I've emailed Volvo CC as advised by the tweet and also my dealer.

I'm beginning to think I'll not be happy with the car for 3yrs without the wheels I really want. I thought I'd be fine with it being a lease but I know full well I'd see ones with the 20's and think I should have got them
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

senwar wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:57 pm
chingf0rd wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:49 pm It was me who reported this supply issue and was told to take 350 quid as compensation for the change in spec - I did not accept it. It was the day before their vaunted launch day and caused some dealers headaches and confusion. To this day, I don't know what the low-down actually is, but it seems like at the time:

Crikey that makes it even weirder if right - my order is a D4 but don't know what MY - presuming 18.5.

I'm beginning to think I'll not be happy with the car for 3yrs without the wheels I really want. I thought I'd be fine with it being a lease but I know full well I'd see ones with the 20's and think I should have got them
Like I said - I went to my dealer yesterday to doubly-make sure that my order went through and saw the paperwork - doesn't really guarantee what I will see in the metal though! Oh, when I said MY18.5 FE - I think it was the last of the T5s but D4s were still available but all were missing the wheels/washers.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

chingf0rd wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:24 pm
senwar wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:57 pm

I went to my dealer yesterday to doubly-make sure that my order went through and saw the paperwork - it was scribbled on there MY19 with 20" wheels and headlamp cleaning system. Doesn't really guarantee what I will see in the metal though! Oh, when I said MY18.5 FE - I think it was the last of the T5s but D4s were still available but all were missing the wheels/washers.