Phone number of SIM in boot

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
gt40

Post by gt40 »

Anybody got a method for finding the phone number of the SIM card in the boot, beyond removing it?

And, no, I don't have the original documentation - that's far too organised.
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19

Starstruck

Post by Starstruck »

Did you buy the SIM yourself?
Is it the free Volvo SIM?

I'm no expert but I don't think the telephone number is printed on the SIM.

If you log onto your SIM account over the internet (with Vodafone if it's the free SIM or your own network if you provided the SIM) then the account details would tell you the IMSI number, it may even tell you the telephone number.

You need some basic info to obtain the number, and that requires some level of organisation :)
vpw

Post by vpw »

You might try to check the USSD coses which you can post from central console. It may be that one of them works: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-find-my-mobile-number-through-a-dial-pad
MY20 momentum pro t3 automat fwd white + lights + winter + versatility + driver assist + park assist + climate +
gt40

Post by gt40 »

vpw wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:16 am You might try to check the USSD coses which you can post from central console. It may be that one of them works: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-find-my-mobile-number-through-a-dial-pad
Good plan, but can't find the correct USSD code.

It was just a Three PAYG sim that I slapped in three months ago and I thought it might need a top-up. I'll just buy another one and keep the relevant documents in a safe place this time i.e. organised

ps - for those that are wondering why not go the free Vodaphone sim route - it seems a bit of a faff with registering etc. A Three £10 sim is still going in my car after 3 months, and there's always the option of bluetooth data sharing. I download maps on the drive using wifi.
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
Beans85

Post by Beans85 »

There’s a sim in the boot!?
enneo

Post by enneo »

There certainly is. Took 3 weeks to get the 100 gb Sim card off the stealer though!!
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

Momentum Pro D3, didn’t find a SIM in mine, it was empty, so got a 2GB SIM from EE to try but haven’t done so yet.
Funny and unfair if some models come complete with a SIM
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
Starstruck

Post by Starstruck »

Blue Velvet wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:54 pm Momentum Pro D3, didn’t find a SIM in mine, it was empty, so got a 2GB SIM from EE to try but haven’t done so yet.
Funny and unfair if some models come complete with a SIM
They don't, you have to ask the dealer for the free Volvo Vodafone 100gb/12month SIM.

Either get the dealer to install and register or do it yourself.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Just out of interest, what do you need the phone number for?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
gt40

Post by gt40 »

hdasmith wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:56 pm Just out of interest, what do you need the phone number for?
To top up the credit