Phone number of SIM in boot

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Starstruck

Post by Starstruck »

Is the SIM data only?

If it makes calls take it out of the car and put it into a phone. Phone someone, ask them what number called.

gt40

Post by gt40 »

If it makes calls take it out of the car and put it into a phone. Phone someone, ask them what number called.
Yes, that's also an option which I have considered - although I'd need to take the sim down a size. I think I'll pop into a Three store, buy another one for £10 and keep the details this time :-/

It's only a backup to Android Auto, so not a big deal for me. Thanks all
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
Starstruck

Post by Starstruck »

gt40 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:26 am
Yes, that's also an option which I have considered - although I'd need to take the sim down a size. I think I'll pop into a Three store, buy another one for £10 and keep the details this time :-/

It's only a backup to Android Auto, so not a big deal for me. Thanks all
I also had a 3 SIM I'd bought (but I kept the details😀) but I swopped to the free Volvo/Vodafone one.
It was a slightly different set up but still only took a few minutes.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Ah, ok. Better find my number as well then!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
gt40

Post by gt40 »

Got new £10 SIM, put details in a safe place (after I'd taken a pic of the important stuff)...

And they all lived happily ever after.
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19