Interior lighting

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Klanky

Post by Klanky »

I have a 68 plate Momentum Pro D3
There are no lights whatsoever in the rear passenger compartment is this correct or have they been missed off the build?
The manual says thare should be two reading lights but the roof has nothing (it's not a panoramic roof BTW)
Thanks in advance

Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

That is correct. Volvo in their wisdom have deemed that rear interior lights are not standard across the range. Momentum doesn't get them. Totally bizarre decision if you ask me.

You're not the first on here to comment on it.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!
Klanky

Post by Klanky »

An enquiry to the dealers reveals that XC40s indeed don't have rear seat interior lights!
At least noe of the ones in the showroom do!

:shock: :o
emporiky

Post by emporiky »

For me, this has to be one of the most annoying things about the XC40. I got the Momentum Pro, mainly because I wanted the fusion red colour, which is not available in the inscription trim. With a significant discount, I got the car for roughly EUR 43k with almost every option - catalogue price around 50k. Yet, I didn’t go for the 1500 EUR (!!!) lights pack - so no rear lights. In a 50k car. Go figure.
Current car: XC40 T4, Momentum Pro, Fusion Red
Premium Audio, Intelisafe, Park Assist 360, Versatility, Xenium, Winter packs

Previous car: Volvo V40 T3 Inscription
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Mine has rear lights above the rear doors - they are a lot better than the colour changing mood light in the front.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
K1t

Post by K1t »

F.Y.I, my 2019 XC40 T3 R-Design (my2020 build) with no sunroof, has a pair of switchable spot/reading lights fitted into the centre-rear roof lining. These come on as interior lights when the door is opened. Picked it up July 30th 2019.
XC40 T3 R-Design (as it comes, no frills) FWD, Manual, my2020, 163bhp, Crystal White, Tempa Spare Wheel Kit, Folding boot floor, Sunglasses Holder. Paintwork/Trim sealed with Zirconite Quartz Nano Coating, Park assist camera kit (self fit)
MMMaisel

Post by MMMaisel »

DarrenF wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:18 pm Mine has rear lights above the rear doors - they are a lot better than the colour changing mood light in the front.

I have a RDesign model. It comes with twin lights in the front, and twin lights in the back. Both sets of twin lights, both front and back, have colour changing mood lights LEDs.
Stavut

Post by Stavut »

I have a MY2020 momentum with panoramic sunroof and we have no rear lights whatsoever. Extremely annoying, as we have 2 children that need to be in child seats and getting them in and out in these dark days is quite annoying.

Probably the thing that annoys me the most about the XC40 so far. Love the car in most aspects, but this part is annoying and frustrating as it's not been cheap. (Have panoramic sunroof, Pro tech pack with 360 cam, leather interior etc. seems odd that they couldn't add any rear lights)
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

MMMaisel wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:40 am
DarrenF wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:18 pm Mine has rear lights above the rear doors - they are a lot better than the colour changing mood light in the front.

I have a RDesign model. It comes with twin lights in the front, and twin lights in the back. Both sets of twin lights, both front and back, have colour changing mood lights LEDs.
I have the twin lights in the front but only 2 spots in the back - not noticed any colour changing lights in these (R design 2020) - do you have the panoramic roof?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

DarrenF. You will have colour changing lights.. though it's on 2 LEDs in the middle of your light cluster. You need to be somewhere very dark to spot them. Hold your hand under where your lights are( once your interior lights are switched off and you will see.

Screenshot_20191214_214103_com.volvocars.manual.jpg

T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!