3 Year Service Plan

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
enneo

Post by enneo »

Has anyone taken out a Volvo service plan? How long did it take for the dealer to confirm the registration of your paid for plan after delivery?
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hi

We opted for the 5 year plan. Only took about 5 days for confirmation email to come through.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
enneo

Post by enneo »

Dermottdog wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:39 pm Hi

We opted for the 5 year plan. Only took about 5 days for confirmation email to come through.
Thanks Dermottdog. Picked our XC 40 up on 22 November 2019, and just checked with Volvo, and it has no service plan registered to it!! Mind still waiting for the sim to be sent.

Volvo Executive Office totally disinterested in helping customers, a bit like the product, of the poorest quality.
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack
Perky

Post by Perky »

I took the five year plan and after several calls I received an email and confirmation within 10 days.
I have never owned a Volvo before but I have to say I am disappointed with the poor quality of the product and general customer service. So many blemishes and cheap poor quality plastic, surprises me why it had so many good reviews. Yes, I had a chance to test drive and see the car before purchase but I did not have a chance to examine every aspect of it which are now coming out one after the other. This may be my first and last Volvo.
T4 AWD Oct 2019
enneo

Post by enneo »

Perky wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:22 pm I took the five year plan and after several calls I received an email and confirmation within 10 days.
I have never owned a Volvo before but I have to say I am disappointed with the poor quality of the product and general customer service. So many blemishes and cheap poor quality plastic, surprises me why it had so many good reviews. Yes, I had a chance to test drive and see the car before purchase but I did not have a chance to examine every aspect of it which are now coming out one after the other. This may be my first and last Volvo.
Did you buy from Penistone Road by any chance? Must agree with you on a poor quality product, and this will be the one and only purchase of a Volvo, in fact will never spend such a large amount again, back to supermarket brands. Just received the 100gb Sim in today's post it has taken since 22 November 2019 to get it, asked again about why the service plan paid for has yet to be set up, also the numptie who found it more important to have a fag break instead of setting up VOC (must have been the smoke clouding his pea brain) make the incompetent promptly forget , so I have just had to request Volvo customer services to do it!!

I have even been right to the top of Volvo HQ's so called management to try to sort out all the issues , another passing the book exercise!!!

Trust you will enjoy your new purchase at some point Perky
Perky

Post by Perky »

[/quote]
Did you buy from Penistone Road by any chance? Must agree with you on a poor quality product, and this will be the one and only purchase of a Volvo, in fact will never spend such a large amount again, back to supermarket brands. Just received the 100gb Sim in today's post it has taken since 22 November 2019 to get it, asked again about why the service plan paid for has yet to be set up, also the numptie who found it more important to have a fag break instead of setting up VOC (must have been the smoke clouding his pea brain) make the incompetent promptly forget , so I have just had to request Volvo customer services to do it!!

I have even been right to the top of Volvo HQ's so called management to try to sort out all the issues , another passing the book exercise!!!

Trust you will enjoy your new purchase at some point Perky
[/quote]

Yep, Penistone Road. People are nice but just not very good at their jobs (if you can call it that). I purchased this car because functionally it ticked the boxes; good ground clearance (approach and departure angles) and wading depth, proper 4X4 and safety.
If the car does not break down, I will keep it for 4 years or so but if I have to keep making trips to the garage (still waiting for the replacement wheels for the ones they scratched, paint problem and creaking glove box), I will let it go after 3 years. Biggest waste of money; so many niggles with the poor software, hardware etc. I will go back to a German car.
T4 AWD Oct 2019
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

I have opted for the 5-year service but apart from it being on my order paperwork I do not have any confirmation paperwork or emails from Volvo - am I missing something?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
enneo

Post by enneo »

DarrenF wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:06 pm I have opted for the 5-year service but apart from it being on my order paperwork I do not have any confirmation paperwork or emails from Volvo - am I missing something?
Well not sure if the info is correct, but I have been told, that the Volvo system for new service contracts is not accepting new contracts at present, and has been inoperable since mid- November 2019. It is the retailer who is responsible for logging the 5 or 3 year service contracts in to the system, and you should get an email confirmation when it has been set up.
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

I bought my plan November 27 and got the email 6 December.
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

alanplum241276 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:11 pm I bought my plan November 27 and got the email 6 December.
Picked mine up on the 30th and heard nothing yet - will give them till Monday then give them a call. Thanks.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.