3 Year Service Plan

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

You should get something like this

2E8FB70D-BCB4-4775-A2AD-DBEE4EC1DA10.jpeg

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

I got my car on the 27th November and had nothing about my purchase of a service plan so chased my dealer yesterday. Got the following back from him..

With regards to the service plan, you will receive an email from Volvo regarding it - there is a reason for this taking some time as they have an administrative issue regarding some engines and setting the policy up. It is in the process of being set up, it should be sorted before the new year.

He obviously pointed out that I do have it referenced on my invoice etc so no worries of it being lost.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!
Klanky

Post by Klanky »

Received my reply confirmation email within 2 minutes of setting up plan.
Gnomeface

Post by Gnomeface »

My car was picked up on 4th October; certificate arrived by email 3 days later. My dealer had warned me that there were changes to the service deal due at the beginning of October and he registered the car on 30th September just in case it was withdrawn (it cost me a month of lost road tax, over £40 thanks to the ridiculous tax on cars over £40K). I reckon that I should have got the service deal anyway as I'd signed the contract months before.
Family car - XC40 T5 Inscription Pro, Glacier Silver, charcoal leather, Intellisafe Pro and Xenium packs. Dog guard and mud flaps added since.
Fun car - Mercedes SLC
enneo

Post by enneo »

Having chased the dealer for nearly a month I asked the higher echelons of Volvo to get involved. I have assurance that the service plan I paid for has now been applied to my vehicle after their intervention, and if no confirmation is received by 6 Jan 2020, they will take up the matter again.

Just need to sort out the trashed front seats now, never ever sold a vehicle with seats in such a condition, after years of use!!
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

enneo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:52 pm
Dermottdog wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:39 pm Hi

We opted for the 5 year plan. Only took about 5 days for confirmation email to come through.
Thanks Dermottdog. Picked our XC 40 up on 22 November 2019, and just checked with Volvo, and it has no service plan registered to it!! Mind still waiting for the sim to be sent.

Volvo Executive Office totally disinterested in helping customers, a bit like the product, of the poorest quality.
Mine is meant to come with a ‘free’ three years service plan as part of the deal at time of purchase. I need to check if the documents were sent.
With regards to the SIM card, I have was not offered one. How do I obtain one? I have had to purchase a pay as you go one from EE which I have not used yet.
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
enneo

Post by enneo »

SIM cards are supplied by the dealer, and it appears most don't offer them to customers!! Make sure you chase the dealer about your service plan as the offer is possibly not on now.
Last edited by enneo on Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Chased mine and have a screen shot showing it is all in place - the person at the dealership has put my email address down as .co.uk instead of .com and has been causing all types of trouble including VoC. Slowly getting it sorted out now but its a pain as without this forum I would never had known there was a problem.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
enneo

Post by enneo »

DarrenF wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:10 pm Chased mine and have a screen shot showing it is all in place - the person at the dealership has put my email address down as .co.uk instead of .com and has been causing all types of trouble including VoC. Slowly getting it sorted out now but its a pain as without this forum I would never had known there was a problem.
Not surprised about your problems DarrenF. Never come across such poor customer service in over 50 years of buying new vehicles, than what Volvo offer!! Although it is possibly due to Volvo accepting supermarket type groups in to the Volvo franchising, but it is the only way they get mass volumn on the roads today. Had to chase for weeks for the free SIM, had to ask Volvo customer services to get the VOC set up, and still await to see if we have got the service plan paid for six weeks ago.

Also surprised Volvo allow a Hyundai franchise to pre-deliver their vehicles.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

enneo wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:35 pm
DarrenF wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:10 pm Chased mine and have a screen shot showing it is all in place - the person at the dealership has put my email address down as .co.uk instead of .com and has been causing all types of trouble including VoC. Slowly getting it sorted out now but its a pain as without this forum I would never had known there was a problem.
Not surprised about your problems DarrenF. Never come across such poor customer service in over 50 years of buying new vehicles, than what Volvo offer!! Although it is possibly due to Volvo accepting supermarket type groups in to the Volvo franchising, but it is the only way they get mass volumn on the roads today. Had to chase for weeks for the free SIM, had to ask Volvo customer services to get the VOC set up, and still await to see if we have got the service plan paid for six weeks ago.

Also surprised Volvo allow a Hyundai franchise to pre-deliver their vehicles.
It does seem to be hit and miss with the dealerships - very surprised with a Hyundai franchise doing pre-delivery and I guess setup - a lot of people have had great service from other dealerships. Speaking to someone who also brought (XC60) from the same dealership as me they had the same lack of communication and chasing that I had. Previously they had a great service from the same dealership on previous cars.

The set my VOC up at handover (as is why it took 90 minutes) - all sorted out in the end but due to the wrong email I had to call VOC from the car and go through the security checks etc.

Amazingly the surveys from the dealership and from Volvo had the right email address... :lol: :lol: :lol:
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.