First longish trip in new car

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RayB

Post by RayB »

New T3 Momentum Auto with Winter Pack, Front Park Assist, Powered Front Seats, Tinted Glass, Spare Wheel delivered end Nov, ordered end of June.
Have done a few short journeys and still getting used to all the bells and whistles. A lot to take in.
Yesterday I went down to Southampton from Oxford and back, a round trip of 138 miles. I reset the mpg before I started. The A34 was fairly smooth running (for a change) apart from Road Bridge Repairs near Winchester where I was in some 4 miles of stop/start traffic. Also a bit slow round the Oxford Ring Road. However on arriving home the mpg registered 42.5. Not bad I thought. Overall a smooth journey, no vibrations or rattles. Occasionally I was warned that I was exceeding the speed limit, not intentionally but easy to do in this car without realising. The auto gearbox worked like a dream and the Stop/Start worked well especially leading up to the road works.
A very happy bunny.

Number6

Post by Number6 »

Great.
You can turn off the exceeding speed limit chimes, just have the speed sign icon showing. And you can add a 5mph buffer so that it warns at 35 instead of 30, 45 at 40 etc.

Personally I turned off the chime.