XC40 T3 Auto Tremble

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ChrisGR

Post by ChrisGR »

Hello

I recently picked up my XC40 T3 Auto R Design with all bells and whistles. I am very happy with the car and feels very premium and solid to drive. There is though one two small issues which ruin my 100% perfect feeling.

When i am driving in the city and brake towards a full stop, like in traffic lights, once the car is fully stopped i can feel a slight vibration as if the Auto Start/Stop function is enabled and the car is switched off. Although i have this function disables i can still feel that. I also notified that if the road is slightly downhill it doesn’t do that. It is a little hard to explain and enlgish are not my native language. It feels like a short tremble and then it stops. Maybe 1-2 seconds it lasts.

Does anyone else experiences something similar?
I want to go back to my dealer and drive the demo car because i think it didn’t do that

Other issues:

1. iPhone. I can’t display text messages. Options are all grey
2. Having my iPhone Bluetooth connect every like 5 seconds i hear like a notification sound. Didn’t happen with my old iphone
Last edited by ChrisGR on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Number6

Post by Number6 »

What is the Auto/Stop function that you refer too? Is is the stop start emissions function that turns off the engine or is it the function that activates the brake?
ChrisGR

Post by ChrisGR »

I am sorry i mean the Auto Start/Stop function that turns off engine. I have that disabled
Number6

Post by Number6 »

ChrisGR wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:29 am I am sorry i mean the Auto Start/Stop function that turns off engine. I have that disabled
Just trying to get to the bottom of the issue. If you disable the auto start/stop each time you get in the car then the engine won't switch off. So how do you determine if there is a slight vibration if you have the engine on.

Could it be the Auto brake?

Also, none of my business I know, why do you disable the Auto Stop/Start each time you start a journey? Why not use the functionality, reduce your engine emmisions and help the environment?
ChrisGR

Post by ChrisGR »

I disable it because in heavy traffic switching on/off 5 times every minute i am not sure if that helps the environment but to my belief it definitely doesn’t help my car in longterm.

I also need to point out that i fee the same tremble once i release break pedel and car starts moving.
I don’t know if this has to do anything with the gearbox.

The autohold i have it also disabled. Can’t get used to that. When i am using it i find myself also pressing the break pedal
Number6

Post by Number6 »

ChrisGR wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:54 pm I disable it because in heavy traffic switching on/off 5 times every minute i am not sure if that helps the environment but to my belief it definitely doesn’t help my car in longterm.

I also need to point out that i fee the same tremble once i release break pedel and car starts moving.

The autohold i have it also disabled. Can’t get used to that. When i am using it i find myself also pressing the break pedal
Mmmm...sorry it's not something I've experienced, perhaps someone else can join in.

I have autohold switched on as I find it useful not to have to keep my foot on the brake. I switch it off, using the centre console green light button at the end of a journey if I have to maneovre carefully.

I have the start/stop system activated as in slow traffic it deactivates itself and will only stop a few times, perhaps 3 in row, consecutively. It says this in the manual and is certainly my experience.

The auto hold groans slightly but this is only the pads against the disc, and isn't your tremble as you have this autohold switched off.

Sorry can't assist, hope you get it sorted.
ChrisGR

Post by ChrisGR »

Which version do you have? I am interested to know if otger T3 Auto owners experience something similar...
Wonder if that gas to do with 3 cylinder engines combined with auto gearbox
Number6

Post by Number6 »

ChrisGR wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:20 pm Which version do you have? I am interested to know if otger T3 Auto owners experience something similar...
Wonder if that gas to do with 3 cylinder engines combined with auto gearbox

I have the RDesign T4 AWD Auto
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

ChrisGR wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:54 pm I disable it because in heavy traffic switching on/off 5 times every minute i am not sure if that helps the environment but to my belief it definitely doesn’t help my car in longterm.

I activate the autohold in traffic where it is really useful. When turned on, brake to a halt and when the green icon lights up in the display take your foot off the brake. With the green icon lit up you know it is holding.

The stop/start, as I've done with previous cars, I turn off as soon as I start the car.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 1984

Post by Deleted User 1984 »

ChrisLF wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:52 pm I activate the autohold in traffic where it is really useful. When turned on, brake to a halt and when the green icon lights up in the display take your foot off the brake. With the green icon lit up you know it is holding.

The stop/start, as I've done with previous cars, I turn off as soon as I start the car.

Chris
That's indeed what I've done as I feel lot more safe and comfort.