No under bonnet insulation

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
vpw

Post by vpw »

My T3 Momentum is fitted with bonnet inuslation, but I remember a test car that surprisingly did not have one. Have no idea of its use but it is some kind of sound barrier for sure.
MY20 momentum pro t3 automat fwd white + lights + winter + versatility + driver assist + park assist + climate +

Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

ExSeaForty wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:26 pm
Gray1969 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:44 pm Ive got the T4, and its got insulation covering the whole of the boot lid.

Surely insulation on the boot lid is standard across all models???
It's getting stranger...

My T4 R Design has insulation on the underside of the bonnet but it only covers the central part.

I certainly wouldn't describe it as covering the whole of the bonnet lid.

BTW we are talking of the bonnet in this thread rather than the boot. The boot of my car has a plastic underside, there's probably insulation under there, but I can't be sure.

At 28mins 40secs into this video you can see the insulation as is on my T4's bonnet.

Hi,
Yeah, just edited my post, bonnet not boot........ had a brain freeze........

I will have a good look tomorrow in the daylight, but yes I think mine is as the video, what I was meaning was it covers the full width as the video, I misunderstood you when you said "central" part.

But as has been said, surely all models have this as standard?
T4 Auto R design in Onyx black, 19" alloys, winter pack and convenience pack, front parking sensors.
ChrisGR

Post by ChrisGR »

I have a T3 R-design (2020)and i confirm having insulation under the bonnet.

However if i remember correctly previous models and the one i had tested didn’t have...
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Dealer could not explain why my car did not have the under bonnet pad. Their system did not show any exclusions. However as i was not the first owner they were not prepared to offer me one for nothing. I did expect that and didn't make a fuss over it. Got one from the parts guys and now fitted.
It was a quiet car before so hopefully gonna be pretty much silent now and ice free.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

I know this is an old post but can anyone confirm if the T3 MY2021 or any other MY2021 has this please?
XC40 T3 Auto R-Design Pro MY2021 Fusion Red with Versatility Pack, Climate Pack, Wireless Charging Pad, Electronic Child Locks, Sunglasses Holder, Genuine Folding Rear Metal Safety Guard and Mud Flaps..
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Picked my car up yesterday, the full bonnet is insulated.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Deleted User 2967

Post by Deleted User 2967 »

Strange, as my insulation only covers the central part. How does the insulation look where it meets the rest of the body work; can you see it when the bonnet is shut?
TechnoNerd

Post by TechnoNerd »

Full bonnet (or hood as we call it on this side) insulation on my T5 Momentum.
2020 XC40 T5 AWD Momentum, Thunder Grey / Oxide Red Leather (US Specs)
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Soft Ware wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:17 pm Strange, as my insulation only covers the central part. How does the insulation look where it meets the rest of the body work; can you see it when the bonnet is shut?
It stops whete the bonnet latches are. It seems to fit in a recess in the bonnet moulding.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Deleted User 2967

Post by Deleted User 2967 »

Screenshot_20201010-153256.png

Early on in this thread there is a video. Here's a screenshot of about 28 mins in.

This is the insulation as under my bonnet/hood. It covers the central part of the bonnet. It certainly couldn't be described as covering the whole panel. At least in my car.