Download centre - no connection to service.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
OneOff

Post by OneOff »

Gray1969 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:56 pm
DarrenF wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 pm
Gray1969 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:33 pm Basically, I followed the instructions, the globe was there, I connected the phone to the cars hotspot in order to register with vodafone, but its as though the sim is inactive (if that makes sense?), so how on earth do you sign up to vodafone if when connected to the wifi it won't open any web pages?
Click refresh on the browser / window every 30 seconds - took mine about 10 tries but finally connected. The salesperson had told me it takes a while so just keep trying.
Cheers mate,
Just been out and tried again - and success!
Took a while to keep refreshing but eventually let me in to register and all seems to be sorted now.
Just installed a few of the apps, cant see me using them much to be fair, but just good to know that the car is now connected.

Thanks again all for the help.
While the apps aren't up to much the SIM will bring in traffic info into the satnav system.
Glad it's finally worked for you.

scnps

Post by scnps »

Paulinyork wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:06 pm I had the exact same issue.. dealer hadn't done the second half of the Vodafone set up of the SIM at handover..

Look at the attached. Chances are your dealer has done all the first bit.. but not the second.

Warning though.. it can take up to 5 mins for the globe to appear when your trying to connect to your car when you have it as the WiFi hotspot.. be patient. Just sit there in the warm with your engine running.
Does this need to be done by the dealer, as when changing the 'Mobile data' part from mobiledata to acf.internet.uk.ott although 'confirm' can be clicked it doesn't save it so presume a username and password is required of which the dealer would have.

The Network set as auto does pick up Vodafone as the provider but I get no Globe, Data roaming is ticked but APN remains as just mobiledata.

Thanks
XC40 Inscription (MY20) T4 FWD 2.0l petrol automatic - Denim Blue - Xenium pack, Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

scnps wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 am
Does this need to be done by the dealer, as when changing the 'Mobile data' part from mobiledata to acf.internet.uk.ott although 'confirm' can be clicked it doesn't save it so presume a username and password is required of which the dealer would have.

The Network set as auto does pick up Vodafone as the provider but I get no Globe, Data roaming is ticked but APN remains as just mobiledata.

Thanks
All my dealer did was insert the SIM, I did everything else and never had to change APN's etc. Just Turn on wifi hotspot, connect a device to it, go to the vodafone page and keep hitting refresh (for ages) then register.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

I didnt even change the APN. Left it on automatic and it works fine for me.
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
scnps

Post by scnps »

Now working. Had to manually enter APN and also confirm blank user and pass. Took about 1/2hr to kick in but now all good.
Thanks for info....
XC40 Inscription (MY20) T4 FWD 2.0l petrol automatic - Denim Blue - Xenium pack, Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs.
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

I have the same problems.

Initial set-up at car handover from the dealer. Volvo On-call works, but can’t download new apps or browse the internet from other devices. The process stopped when in couldn’t register on the Vodafone web-page.
I tried all of the very helpful advice as posted above to no avail.

Eventually contacted Vodafone ‘internet in the car’ support. The chap on the phone said that he needed the IMSI number before he could help (he was aware that this is a known issue and asked me to prompt Volvo to seek a solution when I contacted the dealer).

I will pursue this until I give up and buy my own SIM card (we shouldn’t need to though).
XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar
charles_M

Post by charles_M »

This may have been covered before but:
I tried many times to register the SIM with Vodaphone without success . I used 2 different iPads, with Safari and Chrome, no success. Ditto with Samsung Note 9 phone and Chrome.
As a last resort before calling dealer, I tried with a laptop (Dell XPS 13, Windows 10, running Chrome). It logged into the Vodaphone site straight away and I was able to complete registration in a minute or so. Everything works fine now.
jfletcher

Post by jfletcher »

Paulinyork wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:06 pm I had the exact same issue.. dealer hadn't done the second half of the Vodafone set up of the SIM at handover..

Look at the attached. Chances are your dealer has done all the first bit.. but not the second.

Warning though.. it can take up to 5 mins for the globe to appear when your trying to connect to your car when you have it as the WiFi hotspot.. be patient. Just sit there in the warm with your engine running.
Thank you. I've been puzzling about why my car's internet connection hasn't been working since I got it two weeks ago - now connected!