Download centre - no connection to service.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Gray1969 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:25 pm Many thanks for the reply, most appreciated all!

Ive had a glass of wine with the sunday tea, and think it might not be the best time to get stressed following those in depth instructions......

Will muster some enthusiasm and have another crack tomorrow, got wine on the mind now. :P
Picked mine up yesterday and did the vodafone registering today - its takes AGES to get connected but once it is the process is very simple. Took me about 15 minutes with all the waiting. Once connected you can download the extra apps - luckily I have good coverage and it only took a couple of minutes to download spotify a few others.

Good luck getting it sorted - any problems let us know :D
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.

OneOff

Post by OneOff »

Just for info:
With the Spotify app you need a paid for Spotify Premium account, currently £9.99/month.

I only had the free account so couldn't connect. I took advantage of the free Spotify Premium trial (3 months for free), but won't be paying at the end of the three months.

Hardly used the trial so can't justify the expense. The radio and USB music is good enough.

Pity there aren't more Apps in the Volvo system, the ones there are aren't much use to me.

I fill the bottom slot on the home screen with the weather app. If it says it's raining I can confirm this by looking out of the side window.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

If the stress is getting to you then pick up the 24 gig 3 network data sim off Amazon. You literally just plug and play. No faffing about just pop it in and off you go. Yeah you have to pay for it but peace of mind .......priceless.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

Paulinyork wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:06 pm I had the exact same issue.. dealer hadn't done the second half of the Vodafone set up of the SIM at handover..

Look at the attached. Chances are your dealer has done all the first bit.. but not the second.

Warning though.. it can take up to 5 mins for the globe to appear when your trying to connect to your car when you have it as the WiFi hotspot.. be patient. Just sit there in the warm with your engine running.
Hi again,

Right, been sat in the car now for half an hour with no luck, I waited over 5 minutes for the "globe" to appear with no joy, then connected the car to my phones hotspot, the car connected, the globe appeared, and a message came saying new downloads were available etc.

I then tried to sign up to the vodafone page, but it said I had to be connected to the cars wifi hotspot, so I disconnected and found that the globe had now appeared and I could connect the phone to the car wifi hotspot in order to sign up, the phone connected to it fine, but I can't open any web pages on the phone now!!???

Very very frustrating, and have now decided to take a break from it before I blow a gasket.
T4 Auto R design in Onyx black, 19" alloys, winter pack and convenience pack, front parking sensors.
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

Basically, I followed the instructions, the globe was there, I connected the phone to the cars hotspot in order to register with vodafone, but its as though the sim is inactive (if that makes sense?), so how on earth do you sign up to vodafone if when connected to the wifi it won't open any web pages?
T4 Auto R design in Onyx black, 19" alloys, winter pack and convenience pack, front parking sensors.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Gray1969 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:33 pm Basically, I followed the instructions, the globe was there, I connected the phone to the cars hotspot in order to register with vodafone, but its as though the sim is inactive (if that makes sense?), so how on earth do you sign up to vodafone if when connected to the wifi it won't open any web pages?
Click refresh on the browser / window every 30 seconds - took mine about 10 tries but finally connected. The salesperson had told me it takes a while so just keep trying.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
OneOff

Post by OneOff »

As Skyrimmer and I mentioned previously if you buy a SIM yourself it just works without all this faffing around. As Skyrimmer said I would recommend this one from Amazon. It's £43 and lasts 2 years. Link below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01M3VJ2B2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

DarrenF wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 pm
Gray1969 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:33 pm Basically, I followed the instructions, the globe was there, I connected the phone to the cars hotspot in order to register with vodafone, but its as though the sim is inactive (if that makes sense?), so how on earth do you sign up to vodafone if when connected to the wifi it won't open any web pages?
Click refresh on the browser / window every 30 seconds - took mine about 10 tries but finally connected. The salesperson had told me it takes a while so just keep trying.
Cheers,

I will give it one more try later on when the wife gets back with the car, if I don't get any joy I may have to purchase from amazon as others have.
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

DarrenF wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 pm
Cheers mate,
Just been out and tried again - and success!
Took a while to keep refreshing but eventually let me in to register and all seems to be sorted now.
Just installed a few of the apps, cant see me using them much to be fair, but just good to know that the car is now connected.

Thanks again all for the help.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Glad it works - that's the beauty of the forum,