Service - 3 month check.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hi

People mention the ‘3 month’ check. How is this communicated? Does a service message appear or do you receive a call or email?

My driver seat heater isn’t working. I had the Apple car play installed by the dealer. Looking at the instructions, the seats are either removed or work carried out underneath. I suspect a connection issue.

Thanks - Rob.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

My Dealer just mentioned to me when I collected the car that they do a free three month check, get in touch with yours and see what they say
D3 Mometum Manual in Glacier Silver.

Added on smartphone integration, rear camera, front parking sensors, winter pack and convenience pack
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Shipsinker, thanks. I would like to do it sooner rather than later. My data sim never got fitted when I picked the car up either. 2 birds, one stone and all that....
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

Ah the datasim - the bane of my ownership so far. I had it in my head that I wanted that up and running before I left the dealership but well you get caught up in the excitement and away I went with the instructions to follow.

I'd recommend getting them to get it fully up and running for you as I have completely failed to get this done so far, I'll have another go tomorrow if not it'll be a nice 2.5 hour round trip to the dealer when I can next get a day off work
D3 Mometum Manual in Glacier Silver.

Added on smartphone integration, rear camera, front parking sensors, winter pack and convenience pack
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

Yes the dealer will do a 3 month check for you but only on customer request, it is not offered automatically. Good opportunity to get any early problems sorted, but let them know of any issues in advance as I think they normally only allow about 30 mins for the check.
T5 R Design Pro AWD in Bursting Blue with Xenium, Winter Plus, Intellisafe and Convenience packs
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

So, I had my 3 month check today. Went in with 3 issues (Drivers seat heater not working, SIM card never supplied and check the operation of the hill start assist). SIM card now installed and instructions left on the passenger seat. I will tackle this at the weekend. The hill start assist was deemed to be ok. I’ve always found this a bit hit and miss. The element of the seat heater was diagnosed as faulty and a new one has got to be ordered from Sweden. In addition, the check flagged up an issue with the start/stop system. A new battery is on order, also coming from Sweden. Service Reception guy couldn’t have been more helpful 👍
EmPeeGee

Post by EmPeeGee »

The only place I've heard of a three month check is on this forum. No mention from anywhere else. Had mine four months. No real probs.
It will go for first check/service in September 2020.
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Its in the service book which came with the car!
Toasted

Post by Toasted »

Wedgie wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:58 am Its in the service book which came with the car!
Not that it really matters, but I do like to have these little details correct!
Do you mean the Service Handbook?
I can find no reference to a 3 month check in my Service Handbook. I mentions a PreDelivery Check (mine was at 6 miles), and the next service mentioned is at 18K/12months.

Just for my piece of mind could you confirm the manual name and the page the 3month check is mentioned please?
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Wedgie wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:58 am Its in the service book which came with the car!
It’s funny you should mention the service book. It was on the passenger seat and I quickly scanned it but didn’t see anything signed. You only get a 30 min slot I believe.