Service - 3 month check.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I was offered it but didn't take it up. Can't really see the point of it. If you have a problem you can always book it in for rectification, otherwise the first service is fine for me. As said, 30 minutes is too short for other than a quick check over and is more about trying to increase the customer experience and is probably a pain for the dealer, which is why they keep it low key!

Servicing is the important thing for me. I've always changed my cars from long life servicing to annual. My TT is very low mileage but it has an oil and filter change every year.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

Toasted

Post by Toasted »

Wedgie wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:58 am Its in the service book which came with the car!
If it is the Service Handbook that you are referring then it's not in mine. No reference to a 3 month check. No worries, just trying to get the facts.

Mine's down for its 1st service at 12 months
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Well, as it picked up an issue with the stop/start system (which I hadn’t noticed because most of the time I switch it off) so I guess it was worthwhile.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

VOC very useful. My car did a 6 minute journey whilst at the garage. Perhaps they went to the chip shop😂😂

5CFB345F-E379-4A22-98E6-75968DA9D887.jpeg

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Dermottdog wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:11 pm VOC very useful. My car did a 6 minute journey whilst at the garage. Perhaps they went to the chip shop😂😂
Hmmm thats the dealers I use (Doves), never used their service department before. Just hope it is better than Dees (Ford) which is owned by the same company - Dees service depart went down hill 3-4 years ago and that's why I changed after years of terrible service on the cr and customer service.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

DarrenF wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:00 pm
Dermottdog wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:11 pm VOC very useful. My car did a 6 minute journey whilst at the garage. Perhaps they went to the chip shop😂😂
Hmmm thats the dealers I use (Doves), never used their service department before. Just hope it is better than Dees (Ford) which is owned by the same company - Dees service depart went down hill 3-4 years ago and that's why I changed after years of terrible service on the cr and customer service.
To be fair, the reception guy, as I said already, was very good. He acknowledged that the dealer fit car play wasn’t just a software update and said the wiring goes underneath the driver seat unlike the guy before Christmas. The heated seat issue was an element apparently. The element certainly has failed due to use because it has never ever worked. Doves are reportedly looking for new premises (the showroom and the service centre are in separate located).
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Dermottdog wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:12 pm
To be fair, the reception guy, as I said already, was very good. He acknowledged that the dealer fit car play wasn’t just a software update and said the wiring goes underneath the driver seat unlike the guy before Christmas. The heated seat issue was an element apparently. The element certainly has failed due to use because it has never ever worked. Doves are reportedly looking for new premises (the showroom and the service centre are in separate located).
I know we are going a bit off topic but...

That's good to know, the Dees receptions were like - go away and take a ticket as there is a queue. They had booked in 14 vehicles all for 8am - which it turns out they do every day - and make you wait. I was a bit 7 or 8th and had to wait 40 minutes. They then did not do the work it was booked in for and told me to arrange another appointment when I collected the car.

Hope they got it all working - did they change the seat or is it in order?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

DarrenF wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:23 pm
Dermottdog wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:12 pm

I know we are going a bit off topic but...

That's good to know, the Dees receptions were like - go away and take a ticket as there is a queue. They had booked in 14 vehicles all for 8am - which it turns out they do every day - and make you wait. I was a bit 7 or 8th and had to wait 40 minutes. They then did not do the work it was booked in for and told me to arrange another appointment when I collected the car.

Hope they got it all working - did they change the seat or is it in order?
No, the element and a stop/start Battery have been ordered and coming from Sweden.