What accessories have you found for your XC40?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

After a long long 5 month wait I am picking up my car on the 30th (next week) - after reading through this forum I have purchased the matte screen protector (thanks to the people that suggested it) but what else do you recommend for the car?

I had originally ordered mud flaps but after seeing them on a car decided against it. Loads of options on the accessories pages but what have you found worth buying?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I’ve bought and fitted the Swedish Flag (available on First Editions only). At £12, it’s cheap and looks great.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
7Characters

Post by 7Characters »

I bought these flags from Amazon. Two flags for £9.99. A bit OTT but they look good !!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07VYMSK9G?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I've just used the one flag on the drivers side, and have a spare.
7Characters

Post by 7Characters »

The only other item I've bought is, again from Amazon, a protective cover for the back seat as my dog is sometimes muddy !

Here's the one I bought:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00QHC02EY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

7Characters wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:17 pm I bought these flags from Amazon. Two flags for £9.99. A bit OTT but they look good !!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07VYMSK9G?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I've just used the one flag on the drivers side, and have a spare.
From watching the reviews always liked the look of the little flag. Any idea if there is a place for the flag on the bonnet on new version?

I am going to order them now! Thanks
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Dermottdog wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:08 pm I’ve bought and fitted the Swedish Flag (available on First Editions only). At £12, it’s cheap and looks great.
Was that £12 from the dealer? Did you have a place marked for the flag on the car?
7Characters

Post by 7Characters »

The flags on the Volvo accessories site have a downloadable "instruction" leaflet that gives a dimension from the edge of the bonnet. The cheaper versions I bought from Amazon come with the same instruction.

But really you can stick them where you like. There isn't a specific indentation in the bonnet; they are, after all, just stickers, albeit ones made of silicone.
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

The screen protector works very well indeed, never a fingerprint in sight. The mudflaps are subjective I guess.I started without them but living in a rural area soon put a set on after a few weeks and they do stop a lot of the muck cascading down the sides and the area underneath the tailgate Only other addition so far is a set of chrome wheel nut covers to replace the rather drab grey ones which were fitted. Made a nice difference to the look of the wheels and only cost about £15 in total from volvopartsshop.com.
T5 R Design Pro AWD in Bursting Blue with Xenium, Winter Plus, Intellisafe and Convenience packs
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

DarrenF wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:59 pm
Dermottdog wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:08 pm I’ve bought and fitted the Swedish Flag (available on First Editions only). At £12, it’s cheap and looks great.
Was that £12 from the dealer? Did you have a place marked for the flag on the car?
As said, the flag comes with instructions and measurements as to where to put it (35mm from the edge of the bonnet if memory serves). I got a genuine one from ‘Volvo Parts Shop’. You have to clean the surface with alcohol to get rid of any contamination and apply. Looks very good and discreet. Just looked and they are £12.50.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I bought a smart phone that could take advantage of the wireless charger.
Sunglasses holder.
Mud flaps.
Screen protector.
Also something that looks like giant plastic tweezers to pull off the wheel nut covers.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.