Car park headroom

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Just a word of warning in case, like me, you are not paying attention in multi story car parks. Came back from shopping and approaching the car, pressed remote opening of the boot only to watch it bang into an airconditioning trunking right above the car. Nice little crease in the boot lid at less than 1000 miles!
I hadn't noticed the decrease of a foot or so of headroom when parking. Just a heads up, literally!

Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

On my current car(not got xc40 until December) I have done the same in the past. Have also accidentally opened the boot whilst sat in the car with the key in my pocket. Obviously inadvertently pressed the boot unlock button. Have come back on 2 occasions to find the boot open.. again inadvertently pressed the button in my pocket obviously.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!
PC40

Post by PC40 »

If you press either of the buttons on the bottom edge of the boot, it will stop instantly. Saves watching it damage itself.
Another press will reverse the direction it was going. I’ve done this in areas of restricted height and saved unwanted grief.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

The rear door can be programmed to automatically stop at any height you want. Look in the manual and it will describe how to do this. It can be set to stop at a slightly lower opening to prevent this.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

All good advice but a little late for poor old Gonzo 🙁
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Thanks for the info fellas and the sympathy Dermott. Unfortunately PC40, I was some distance from the car when I triggered the remote opening, my wife's cry of anguish alerted me! What is it they say..***t happens?. :-(
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Not long after getting mine I triggered the under car boot release when trying to connect the tow bar electrics - boot opened straight onto the bike rack :(
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)