Rear seat comfort !!!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Barry

Post by Barry »

Had a XC40 as a courtesy car, and I have to say what a great car Volvo has produced, only one problem and it’s a big one and that is the rear seat is so dam uncomfortable, the seat pad doesn’t support the back of your legs it’s to flat and shallow plus the seat back is to upright, how can they get this so wrong. I was thinking of purchasing a XC40 but seeing as 90% of the time I would have adult size passenger in the back it would not be pleasant to travel in discomfort. Very annoyed 😒. Anyone else found this?

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Seen and read many, many reviews of the XC40. Most reviewers mention the angle of the rear seats but that’s the only negative comment with regards to the seating.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

Just the dog on the backseat here. He seems to enjoy it 😀
PC40

Post by PC40 »

I know when I first looked at the car I thought that the back seat cushion was short.
However I’ve done quite a few journeys with people in the back and had no complaints.
Mrs PC and friend sat in the back for a 350 mile 7 1/2 hour journey to West Cornwall and had no complaints despite only 2 stops. Indeed friend is one of those who would soon complain and indeed she actually complimented the car.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

PeeBee wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:17 pm Just the dog on the backseat here. He seems to enjoy it 😀
Same here. No complaints from the pooch.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Klanky

Post by Klanky »

Back seats in mine are mostly folded down lately!
However SWMBO didn't make any comments during the test drive and she's 5'6"
Will shortly see what the lanky kids say (5'10" and 6'3")