November Delivery

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
enneo

Post by enneo »

It appears all dealers have no interest in keeping the customer informed, always got the the consignment/delivery number from BMW & Audi to check progress direct with the manufacturer. After paying the deposit was told they would give me a build, and approx shipping date within a few days, but after a month no contact, so was still on the December 25 collection date!! Normally when you change the spec of a vehicle already in the system with a manufacturer it pushes the build date out, but with Volvo now running 2 lines for the XC40 in Ghent the build dates are not affected. Only had one call from dealer after emailing them numerous times to find a build, and shipping date. Got one bit of the XC40 now, just had a full set of genuine Volvo mudflaps delivered today.
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Question for others in the UK - anyone gone for the apple play option? and are your dealership fitting the upgrade?

Mine is, which I thought was strange but they assured me everyone has the upgrade locally.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Pirots

Post by Pirots »

I ordered mine 2nd or 3rd of July.
Volvo XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design, Auto, Thunder grey, Xenium pack, Intellisafe surround, Winter pack, Convenience pack, Spare wheel.
PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

I bought one that was already ordered by the dealership; took about two weeks from deposit to driving away.
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

DarrenF wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:28 pm Question for others in the UK - anyone gone for the apple play option? and are your dealership fitting the upgrade?

Mine is, which I thought was strange but they assured me everyone has the upgrade locally.
I’ve ordered CarPlay but fitted at factory.

Factory fit = 2 USB slots
Dealer fit = 1 USB slot
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

deleted post
Beans85

Post by Beans85 »

Mine arrives on the 18th of November. It’s been delivered to my house for me. I’ve chosen a black T3 rdesign. I added a sunroof and wireless charging. Didn’t bother getting anymore extra.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

alanplum241276 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:21 pm
DarrenF wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:28 pm Question for others in the UK - anyone gone for the apple play option? and are your dealership fitting the upgrade?

I’ve ordered CarPlay but fitted at factory.

Factory fit = 2 USB slots
Dealer fit = 1 USB slot
Thanks Alan, they obviously make more money of the upgrade then as just software - will call them tomorrow about it. Much appreciated.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
woz

Post by woz »

Mine’s delayed. Should arrive in the UK on Friday (29th) now apparently, so dealer is saying collection middle of next week. Fingers crossed no further delays!!
XC40 D4 AWD R Design Pro, Xenium Pack, Intellisafe Pro Pack, Convenience Pack, Harman Kardon, Apple Car Play, Wireless Charging
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Mine's arrived Monday to the dealers and booked in for the update & apple car upgrade - arranged pickup for Saturday morning.

Asked about mileage on the car - delivered with 4 miles on the clock so expecting around 10 when I pick it up.