Insurance for Short Term Car Lease

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
keepschtum

Post by keepschtum »

I've ordered a Volvo XC40 on a Short Term Car Lease from https://short-term-leasing.co.uk/short-term-car-lease/

Its a 5 month contract, but my insurance company is insisting on a tracker but the leasing company doesn't offer this? Any ideas?

Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

If you are able to activate Volvo On Call and download the app, then there is an option to locate and show your car on a map. Maybe this will satisfy your insurer.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

I'd insure with a company that doesn't insist on a tracker. This is becoming more common in insuring high value cars. I'd advise to shop around.

Installing a tracker, there are many companies offering the service, involves a cost to buy and usually a subscription.
keepschtum

Post by keepschtum »

THanks for the reply, the lease company will fit one for £100 and 35p a day, happy days! can't wait now, my virst volvo
PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

Skyrimmer wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:48 pm If you are able to activate Volvo On Call and download the app, then there is an option to locate and show your car on a map. Maybe this will satisfy your insurer.

Unfortunately, when the car is in use the location, and seeing the car on a map, is disabled.