Tyre pressure preferences

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
BiddyR

Post by BiddyR »

Seen a few lowering pressures from the Volvo recommended figures.

Picking up an R-Design Pro with 20” wheels, know can be a harsher ride, have test driven one, extra width, grip and looks won us over.

Expecting I will be lowering pressures slightly, but wondering what different pressures people are running theirs at?
T4 R Design Pro FWD

yalocatos

Post by yalocatos »

Have left pressures as set and no problems with the ride quality, not as harsh as some vehicles. Ride comfort is excellent in my opinion.
PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

I have the T4 RDesign AWD with standard 18". Picked it up three weeks ago and today I checked my pressures for the first time.

Found it had 2.6bar, which is the Volvo ECO recommended pressure. Dropped it to 2.3bar all round, which is the alternative Volvo recommended comfort/normal pressure.
I'll see if I notice a difference; I doubt I will.
Harley1940

Post by Harley1940 »

Only had my xc40 few weeks and keep getting messages the the car is unlocked when I know it isn’t. Any ideas please
gt40

Post by gt40 »

My car (T4, fwd, 18" with michelin primacy rubber) was an understeery mess in the wet until I reduced the pressures all round from 38 psi, as collected, to a more reasonable 35 psi. It feels better balanced now (for the type of car that it is).

Will probably put Michelin Crossclimates on before the end of November though.
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
BiddyR

Post by BiddyR »

Thanks gt40,

Was thinking 34-35psi once we have, great to hear your experience
T4 R Design Pro FWD
PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

In the MY2020 handbook the recommended front and rear pressures for ALL engine sizes/types and ALL tyre sizes, up to 100mph, are:

Normal load 2.3 bar (34psi)
Max load 2.6 bar (38psi)

There's also a recommended ECO pressure, again for all engines/sizes/loads, which is 2.6 bar.

My T4 AWD was set to 2.6 on delivery and I'm now trying 2.3 bar. Only changed it yesterday and haven't noticed a bit of difference as yet, but early days.
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Re unlock message. I get this but I think it is when it has been unlocked for a bit and then locked and message arrives a bit late!
On other hand it saved me on Saturday night. got to my hotel room and it said unlocked but I remembered locking it. Went to check and I had locked it but boot was open!!!! I was tired after long drive.
So a worthwhile gizmo.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

PeeBee wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:33 pm In the MY2020 handbook the recommended front and rear pressures for ALL engine sizes/types and ALL tyre sizes, up to 100mph, are:

Normal load 2.3 bar (34psi)
Max load 2.6 bar (38psi)

There's also a recommended ECO pressure, again for all engines/sizes/loads, which is 2.6 bar.

My T4 AWD was set to 2.6 on delivery and I'm now trying 2.3 bar. Only changed it yesterday and haven't noticed a bit of difference as yet, but early days.
When I picked my car up the ride was overly harsh and found that the pressures had been set to 38 psi. Dropped them to 34 psi and I certainly noticed the difference. The ride on 19" with Michelin Primacy is just right for me, firm but still soaks up the bumps.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
TGxc40

Post by TGxc40 »

Harley1940 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:54 pm Only had my xc40 few weeks and keep getting messages the the car is unlocked when I know it isn’t. Any ideas please
It's the fob boot unlock, if you use it you will get a message a bit later if you don't push the lock button afterwards. Not sure how long the boot is openable for afterwards. My other cars have automatically locked it again once you close it.