Speed Camera Alerts

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 1355

Post by Deleted User 1355 »

Hi,

So, it has always bugged me that my 2018 first edition doesn't have an option for audible speed camera alerts. I have recently had this in the garage and they gave me a 2019 XC40 inscription, and this had speed camera alerts as an option! I double checked, and under the Intellisafe Road Sign Information settings, in the 2019 model there was a tick box for "Speed Camera Audio Warning", but this doesn't exist as a tick box in my 2018 model.

So what I want to know is how come!? The garage is telling me I am up to date with software, but surely this can't be a hardware issue. Does anyone else with a 2018 model have this issue? All I want is the little beep when there's a camera coming up. I get the alert in the dash but it's the audio I'm interested in.

thanks if you can help!

Matt

PC40

Post by PC40 »

I have a 2018 First Edition and I get audible alerts for speed cameras. It is just a case of ticking the correct option.
I vaguely remember there being one for speed camera alerts and a second box for audible traffic sign alerts or similar.
Have another look and I’m sure you’ll find the correct box to tick.
If you get stuck I’ll check the systems menu next time I’m in the car.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

My 2018 First Edition also makes a pinging noise when approaching speed cameras.
There was some debate about whether it only warned you if you where going over the speed limit but mine definitely pings even if I'm going slower than the limit.
Deleted User 1355

I have triple checked and even took a photo to compare the menus (see photos). As you can see, the option for speed camera audible warnings doesn't exist on the 2018 model. How did you get yours to work on your first edition? I'm wondering if there is a software glitch on mine. Could you check your menu to compare?

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

Deleted User 1240

I have the "Speed Limit Warning" ticked and set with 0 mph deviation.
I don't have the Road Sign Audio Warning ticked......but I think I will tick that one too.
Deleted User 1355

Yeh I tried that, but what I'm after is the ability to have no alerts except for the speed cameras and I can't understand why my first edition doesn't have that option. Do you have the speed camera button in your first edition? If you do, I will know its a software glitch then.

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated!
Deleted User 1240

With these settings I only get audible alerts for speed cameras.

IMG_3483.JPG

Deleted User 1355

I’ve obviously got something missing from my software - will have to contact the garage as I don’t have that menu option :(

Thanks for the photo pp67!