Floor mats

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 960

Post by Deleted User 960 »

Hi all

Rather than fork out the £100 that Volvo are asking for a set of the rubber/plastic mats I thought I'd get a set cheaper through the internet. That'll teach me for not wangling a set when placing my order - I can't find any anywhere except on ebay, which are £114!!

Anyone know of anywhere in the UK that is selling a set cheaper? I guess with the car being so new the aftermarket boys haven't had a chance to copy them yet :lol:

Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Suspect you will have to wait until the car is more 'established' before anyone copies...... TBH £100 for some specifically tailored mats, that also have a lip on them to stop water etc just running off and underneath anyhow reasonable.
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
Deleted User 960

Yeah, I guess you're right. And they are worth their weight in gold when itcomes to protecting the carpets
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

I think the rubber floor mats look nicely rugged and kinda match the character of the car - also, for those who have gone for lava orange, I think they will have balance out the impact of the orange nicely.
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Anybody got a feel for what "charcoal" looks like in these floor mats? From the photo's they look kinda grey, rather than trending towards black, but it might be bad photo reproduction/or just the light glare. If they are trending to lighter grey not convinced that totally in tune for a molten lava footwell. I'd much prefer towards black (and the rest of the interior). Thoughts guys?

I do like the idea that they have raised edges to keep the "dirt" in one place.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Deleted User 960

I think they are your typical dark grey/almost black, so should go fine with the lava interior or the charcoal.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Thanks (we could really do with a "thanks" option or similar for posts in this forum. Admins, is this possible or is it deemed not desirable?)
xc40fun

Post by xc40fun »

Would we get black mats if we order them with the car?

Saw a review on Slashgear that appeared to have orange mats, which I think looks awful due to the different shades/textures.

https://c.slashgear.com/wp-content/uplo ... XC40-9.jpg
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 19" wheels | Ordered 12/02/18 - ETA 10/04/18 - Arrived 13/04/18
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Orange mats come with the lava option. You see in that same photo the trim under the mat is also lava.

If you have opted for lava you'll get orange mats. Equally if you have charcoal trim then I'd suspect that you get matching charcoal mats. [Indeed this is set out on page 12 of the pricelist].

I'd presume that if you ordered lava and the optional rubber mats that you'll get both. If that is not the case then I'm not ordering rubber mats straight away as I want both to interchange as appro.

As far as I am aware the optional rubber mats ONLY come in charcoal. If you have found anything else different then please do share as I might be interested in an orange rubber mat option. Cheers
Last edited by Boomer on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xc40fun

Post by xc40fun »

Think I'll be looking to get black mats, rubber or otherwise as I think the orange mats spoils the lava look.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 19" wheels | Ordered 12/02/18 - ETA 10/04/18 - Arrived 13/04/18