XC40 UK VOC issues

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
scnps

Post by scnps »

So have had the car nearly two weeks now. My seventh Volvo and must say the best yet, really love the car.
However Volvo On Call has never worked and now told probably another two weeks to fix, software update required from Sweden Tech.

Apparently this is effecting all or majority of MY2020 XC40's in UK so curious as to how many others here have the issue.

Dealership to date have had my car back twice, last time for two days with Volvo technical remoting in but still to no avail.
They even changed and created new Volvo ID and have had about 10 different PINs, plus car software wiped, updated and reset numerous times.

So last told car is fine, issue is effecting cars as mentioned and is software awaiting rewrite/fix or whatever. Anyone told same or different having this problem.
XC40 Inscription (MY20) T4 FWD 2.0l petrol automatic - Denim Blue - Xenium pack, Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs.

USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

Have a MY2020 XC40 since last week. No problems with VOC; works as expected.
Stavut

Post by Stavut »

Apologies to high jack the thread. But been trying to find out and didn't want to make a new thread. Is VOC standard on all MY2020 XC40's? Thanks and hope you get it working. I should receive my xc40 in 1.5 weeks.
gt40

Post by gt40 »

2 week old car here & no issues with Volvo on Call
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
scnps

Post by scnps »

Hi Stavut, yes VOC is standard limited to actions per market (Europe, UK, USA, Asia). I believe accident SOS is lifetime and VOC itself is 3 year with car then subscription.
Thanks to others who replied reporting no VOC issue, perhaps I'm being fobbed off by dealer......
XC40 Inscription (MY20) T4 FWD 2.0l petrol automatic - Denim Blue - Xenium pack, Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs.
Stavut

Post by Stavut »

Hi scnps
Thanks a lot for the information. Hope you get it working!
Will report once I receive mine.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

I assume that it isn't something as simple as the issue I was having recently? See my post 'volvo on call pairing with car' under Faults and Technical.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Same subject but a slight high jack if I may🙏
I have VOC registered to me on my Iphone. I received the welcome email. It said that there could be another user of VOC and gave me a PIN number. My wife has VOC on her phone. How do I register her to the car?
In my case, I pressed the overhead button if memory serves. Does she do the same?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
scnps

Post by scnps »

balmoral wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:43 pm I assume that it isn't something as simple as the issue I was having recently? See my post 'volvo on call pairing with car' under Faults and Technical.
Afraid not even at that stage yet, car system won't acknowledge VOC.
Presume as no other reports of this issue I have then the dealer is fobbing me off so strongly worded email heading their way.
Baldie

Post by Baldie »

The only issue I'm having is the poor reception I get with the "free" Vodafone SIM... everything worked well with the demo when I picked the car up a month ago, then we installed the SIM and I've not manage to remote start once, the signal strength rubbish, and Spotify is constantly buffering.

The only reason I'm keeping the SIM in at the moment is to see roughly how much data I use, after that, it's gone.