Lowering the rear seats from the boot

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Hi guys

So got my RDesign Pro delivered 3 weeks ago, with convenience pack added among other things.

It has just occurred to me now that there’s no button to lower the rear row of seats from the trunk. Was this removed for the 2020, or is it only available on the Inscription trim?

I still have the centre dash button to lower the headrests, but not the 3 button strip in the boot.

Ideas?

Stavut

Post by Stavut »

I haven't received my car yet, but been following the forums for a while. If I'm not mistaken it's because they couldn't get the necessary parts delivered for this function so it was taken out of the 2020 cars (not trim specific).
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I remembered reading SOMEWHERE they removed it. A bit unfair really. I couldn’t find details of it anymore. Not a massive biggie, i can lower by hand once a year when i need. Just wanted to make sure that placeholder plastic isn’t there by mistake
Stavut

Post by Stavut »

Yeah, it's a shame and an annoyance that it's gone, as the previous function looked really well. Would have been nice if it was something they could reinstall at some point, but most probably I would guess not.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Yep, removed. Picked ours up on Sunday. According to the sales guy, it was causing confusion.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

To be honest I'm happier dropping the rear seats via the rear doors as you can support the seats as they drop and guide the folded headrests over the seat squabs.

What's the advantage (serious question) in being able to drop the seats from the boot? I suppose it could be done if you can reach the levers on top of the seats?

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

It's not really a massive advantage (for me at least), as i lower the seat maybe 2-3 times a year (plus Xmas for the mandatory tree)

But sometimes it really is a plus, you come to the car with a large box you think it'll fit, and it needs those extra 2cm...so you lower the seats :)
Granted, i might be exaggerating it due to London's generally cramped parking spots and poo drivers, meaning many times you don't really have space to open the door and lower the seat from the side!
gt40

Post by gt40 »

On the plus side, you get a net :|
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19