Spanner in the works

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

Well this is a mess- I ordered my car August 28 and was given a delivery date of 20 November.

Received a phone call from the salesman there now to advise that the dealership Greer’s of Antrim is closing down. They were all told this on this Friday

Gutted for the salesman as he was good to deal with
But obviously I know wonder what happens with my order!

He says they will pass my details on to Volvo as I’m still interested but will it be the same deal?
D3 Mometum Manual in Glacier Silver.

Added on smartphone integration, rear camera, front parking sensors, winter pack and convenience pack

ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

I doubt it
isleaiw

Post by isleaiw »

If you have ordered a car I am pretty sure that the next local dealer will pick up the order and the after care. Call Volvo customer services....
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

E-mailed them today - awaiting a response, I'll call them if I haven't heard anything before too long passes.

Given that it was a choice of two dealers before, the one remaining dealer in Northern Ireland has me completely over a barrel I guess.

Added on smartphone integration, rear camera, front parking sensors, winter pack and convenience pack
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

So got a phone call from Volvo customer services yesterday - they asked if I wanted my details passed onto the other Volvo dealer, I said yes and asked if it would be to continue with the initial deal and the answer was non-commitall really.

Heard nothing from the other dealer in the intervening 24 hours since.

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

The average response time for the dealership I have used is a week so I would not read anything into them not calling you yet,

Bets of luck sorting this out - not sure what deal you got but by using Car wow etc as a bargaining chip I managed to get over 6% off the list price. I am sure others have done better than that but I was happy. This could be your chance to save even more money!
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Shipsinker

Post by Shipsinker »

So heard from the sole remaining dealer, they are awaiting info from Volvo - I have forwarded them what paperwork I have.
We reconvene next week